Panda Slippers (Chapter 16.)

- Brie's POV -

I woke up in the usual dark room. I reached for my phone, turning it on. The brightness blinded me: 6.00 am it read. I pulled the covers off of my body leaving chills against my legs. I slipped on my fluffy panda slippers, so my feet wouldn't be cold when I hit the icy tiles in the kitchens. 

I could faintly hear Sam's snoring as I left the room, however Colby wasn't there. I don't think he came home last night. I made my way to the kitchen, having to stand on the bench top to reach the cabinet that held the glasses. I got my water and drank it as I stared out the small window above the sink. 

I saw Colby through the little window walking sluggishly toward the door he didn't look good. He stumbled through the door and into the kitchen not even looking me in the eyes. I gulped he was clearly upset with me. 

'Are you okay?' I shyly asked as I watched Colby fumble around with medicine bottles in the cabinet. Oh he hasn't took his painkillers, he just left last night and didn't come back he must be in so much pain. He finally had his painkillers out when he stood up straight and gave me a death glare. He grabbed the water from my hand and walked out. Colby was definitely angry with me.

I hopped back up on the cold counter top and reached up for the wooden cabinets. I had to get another glass of water because Colby took mine. I was about to get off the counter when I saw a huge black spider creeping across the floor. I screamed

'Sammmm! Colbyyyy!' I whined as well as screamed. They both came running in, they looked at me on the counter top pointing at the spider. 

'You're kidding.' Sam said in his morning voice looking still half asleep. 

- Colby's POV - 

I was exhausted and in pain, and Brie was refusing to get off the counter top until a little spider was gone. I just couldn't be bothered with her shit today. 

She was sitting on the counter with her legs crossed, she was wearing her pyjamas and little panda slippers. She looked so cute. I had to push that out of my mind. She said she hated me last night so I had to keep my distance from her. 

'Pleaseee, Colby!' She had been begging for the past 5 minutes. I looked at her resting my head on the kitchen door frame, she looked like she was on verge of tears. 

'Do you really hate me?' The words slipped from my mouth. She looked at me in confusing as if she didn't remember last night.  I walked toward her dodging the little spider on the kitchen floor, I leaned my palms against the cool marble counter just inches from Brie's face. I stared into her vibrant green eyes. She shook her head, she didn't hate me. I felt a smile spread against my lips as I leaned in and kissed her.  So much for keeping my distance. 

- Brie's POV -

'But Sam he is so strange, I saw him necking off with a brunette girl last night and now he's kissing me this morning.' I ranted to Sam. I didn't know why I kissed him back I chewed the right corner of my bottom lip. 

'I don't know either Brie, Colby is usually good with girls and he usually tells me what he's thinking. The only thing he has told me about his 'love life' is that he stayed at Emily's last night.' He said clapping his hand over his mouth realising what he just said. 

'Emily, please tell me she's not the girl he was kissing last night.' I was praying that it just a friend or something along those lines. Sam nodded hesitantly, I continued to walk down the long gravel road with my head down. I can't let Colby toy around with my emotions like that, he's obviously a liar and he doesn't love me.

- Sam's POV -

I didn't know what to think of Colby lately, he was my best friend but he was being so distant and really playing with Brie's emotions. One thing I knew for sure was he did have some sort of feelings for Brie. He was doing such a bad job at showing it though.  I was going to confront him tonight and I was going to make sure he sorted things properly with Brie and Kasey and now Emily.