2:32

One thing I learned by dating a YouTuber was that they're exaggerate everything. At least from Quinn's point of view they did.
I sat on the sofa snuggled up in a blanket watching whatever movie that was playing on the tv. I wasn't sure where Colby was or if he was even home.
I had my little short pyjamas on and I had the aloe Vera gel that usually sat in my bathroom cupboard, spread across my back and shoulders from the sun burn I had gotten from
the beach earlier on.
They day had been over all good. Quinn and I played Volleyball, drank juice and scooped out hotties. Most of the time Quinn would flirt with the pretty girls while I'd stand there being my usual awkward shy self. But other than that the day was pretty good, except for the fact the tomorrow was the anniversary of Dads death. It had been at the back of my mind all day and now there was nothing here to distract me.
As if it was fate (not really though) Colby came trudging down the stairs, I frowned thinking he was out.
"What?" He asked sounding as confused as I felt.
"Nothing just thought you weren't home that's all." I replied.
"Huh I came down to ask if you wanted to go for a drive." He said stuffing his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans and swaying back and forth on his hands.
"A drive where?"
"Just a drive." He replied.
"I'll come but I'm not getting changed." I said standing as Colby looked me up and down in my pyjamas.
"Okayy." He said dragging the word out. "But you might get cold." He said heading for the door.
"Wait I'll go get a hoodie then." I said running up the stairs and grabbing a oversized grey hoodie hearing Colby groan behind me. When I returned at the bottom of the stairs Colby was leaning against the kitchen island waiting for me.
"Ready?" He asked raising his eyebrows.
"Sure." I replied following him out of the house and into his little red car that he loved so much.  
For a while all we did do was drive around listening to music and singing to our favourite songs, well mine anyway since I was in charge of the aux cord. Finally Colby pulled up to a little lookout point viewing the city. The city always looked prettier at night with the lights shaping buildings and cars being the only movement. It was always one of my favourite things to look at. I looked at the green numbers in Colby's car that flashed the time: 2:21 am.
I didn't even realise it was so late, I used to do it often. Think until late not even realising the time. Colby had come downstairs at 2:00 am, so I had been up a while. We sat in silence for a moment my thoughts racing about everything from Dad, to Colby, to Brennen and his intentions. Until finally I broke the silence.
"So do you think Brennen is going to actually do something I mean it's not like he's done anything yet and all he did was send a threatening text right?" I asked. Colby shrugged and turned in his seat to face me. His electric eyes locking with mine.
"I don't know, I mean I hope he doesn't do anything but I'm seriously not sure." I bit my bottom lip, if anything Colby's comment made me feel more uneasy than I already was. I looked back up at Colby.
"I wish you hadn't of jumped him." I squeaked and he sighed.
"I know." He dragged his hand across his hand, he had his usual two silver rings on. "But I was so pissed off from what he did to you and I just felt the need to protect you."
I broke off our eye contact again. Is that why he was staying at my house? To protect me again?
"I feel the need to protect you now too." He finished almost answering my unspoken questions.
"Why?" I blurted.
"Because-" Colby stopped himself thinking for a second, before moving his head closer to mine and pushing my face softly with his hand so we were just inches from each other's faces.
"Because I still like you."
"Then why did you do it?" I said in an almost whisper. He knew exactly what I was talking about.
"I was on drugs for my ribs and I'd been drinking alcohol. It was all so..foggy." He said breaking eye contact and staring at my lips for a brief moment. "But it doesn't change how J feel about you. I hope you know that."
Colby leaned in closer our lips were almost touching until I got a phone call. I pulled away all too quickly and looked down at my phone. It was Noah. I frowned and answered.
"Hey." I said.
"Brie!" He yelled through the phone sounding like he'd been crying. "Come now! Come quick!"
"Hey chill, chill." I said startled by his yelling. "What's going on?"
"I've called an ambulance!" He yelled again and my heart skipped a beat. "It's Mum!"
Just then Noah burst into a sobbing fit.
"It's okay I'm on my way okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." I said quickly hanging up and facing Colby.
"Is everything alright?" He asked in a concerned way.
"No you have to drive me to my Mothers right now."
"Okay." He replied asking no questions.

Hahaha sorry about the cliffhanger.
But also I've decided, I've been reading all of your comments and you all say you love Jake so much and so do I, so after the sequel to this book. Imma make a Jake fanfic!! But yeah hope you enjoyed xx

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️
Xx