Chapter 4

"Scientia protests est"

"What?? No!" I said still holding the wound. Panic raised in my throat and I tried to move away from them. I saw a little red stain on floor; my blood.

Automatically, I tried to push myself from them. There is no way it's me. He wouldn't hurt me. 

"But he already did," a little voice in my head spoke. I couldn't stop myself from shaking. What have I done?

"Nobody asked you." My eyes moved from Prince's back only to see a tall guard reaching down to catch me. The second one, a man with black eyes and brown hair, caught my other hand.

I gasped from shock when they actually pulled me up, dragging me from my home. My house, my family.

"No!" I whispered in pain looking at my parents sitting in the chairs, unconsciously being pushed to the side. They won't know what happened.

Before they dragged me from my house, I made a last glimpse at my family. Dad was sitting left from the doors with a fork in the air looking at mom while she sat right from the doors and she watched at the plate. She never enjoyed talking for a table, but dad kept talking. I closed my eyes, stopping tears from falling. This is the last time I'm seeing them. 

The Prince didn't react at all. Not a single voice from him. And it was all my fault.

When my eyes met with hot midday sun, I forced myself to look around. The whole street was frozen. People being caught in the middle of step. Animals rushing toward the ships. And in the centre was a big royal carriage for a girl free from the froze. A few soldiers fidgeted around it nervously.

I couldn't believe I fooled myself no one will know. 

When one of the soldiers pushed me to walk faster, I couldn't stop myself from tripping. I felt like I'm walking upon the hill. Every step took too much of my energy, and I felt my blood dripping from hands. 

"Move." Dark-eyed one commanded but my feet already froze in the place. My whole vision was dotted with dark red stains. I felt blood in my mouth.

"Move." He echoed.

"I... I. can't." I mumbled somehow trying to catch for something. Tripping I almost fell on my face. A strong hand caught me pushing the curtain of pain and unconsciousness away.

"Your Majesty, she needs to visit a doctor." The left one said, and a flame of hope burned again. The doctor is my father.

"She will visit it when we get in Capitol." He didn't even look at me, but the tone of his voice revealed he was thinking the same thing.

As my body fought with less and less blood, and the curtain was back again I somehow recognized Prince walking in front of me. He was hugged with enormous puffy thing.