Chapter 21

"Omnia tempus habet"

Stepping in my room, I am careful enough to erase every trace of tears from my face and meet my maids.

"Miss. We need to get you ready for dinner." Shortly nodding at their direction I don't even bother to say anything else.

They took a deep red dress from the bag that reminded me of Queen's from last night but this one had added silver pieces. Royal colours. Great. I hate it.

"Fine," I said for the first time since I came into my room, letting them dress me.

They got rid of the green one and they gave me the red one. A piece of silver material was put from the middle of my leg to the end of the dress. It looked like ombré. Red colour faded into the silver.

"Can I go now?" I asked and sat on the chair.

"No. We need to get your hair ready."

I took a deep breath and looked at the mirror. I hid all traces of the years but no matter how much I tried I saw little signs of sadness in my eyes. They looked like the eyes of someone who lived war and peace in its lifetime. It wasn't who I am. I'm happy, young. With another deep breath, I closed my eyes ignoring my feelings. They don't matter, you are just a weapon.

My maid took all the brushes and product making my skin seem perfect and white. My hair didn't fall free in its natural waves, anymore. I really didn't see a point of all of this but they all worked together to tie my brown hair into something.

It was hard. Apart from that that I hated brushing my hair and part of that, it was curly to pain.

I exhaled and looked at my brown-green eyes.

They looked just like every other eye from my village. Or at least they had once. They somehow turned to green. My now pale face and green eyes seemed I look almost like a vampire. Dead. And now I felt like one.

People in the palace had different shades of blue, green, brown colour but in my town, there was just brown and blue. No shading just black and white.

In here everything was in soo many colours. They were people with so many faces that you never knew who are you talking to. You could be talking with a traitor but also with King himself.

That scared me the most. People are willing to hurt you just because you have a room next to Prince's.

And I hated that. Maybe Amelia is right. I really lost my sense of right. I didn't look for what I saw looking when I came. I was trapped in a place not wanting to go further. I even stopped pissing Prince off. It couldn't pass day not to piss him off.

But that was me. I was funny and happy. And not this. This was just a shell they created to look good, be presentable and unnoticeable. They didn't want to remove me, so they created another doll from their layers.