Chapter 20

"Mel in ore, fel in corde"

I could hear Travis's laugh hours after that meeting. The fact he knew what to say, how to use me, and all that with my agreement.

I didn't want to go to my room so I roamed in the castle. Somehow I came to the King's and Queen's bedroom.

"You can't go there." I heard someone said, and I looked up.

Two guards crossed their spears looking down at me.

"Oh, sorry." I wanted to turn, but they stopped me.

"What are you doing here?" Said one of them catching me for my shoulder.

"Nothing. I just walked." I said and pushed him to let my shoulder.

"I don't believe you." He said his hand digging deeper into my shoulder. Sparks of pain run through my hand and I raised my head pushing his hand away.

"Why? A person can't walk?" I asked my eyes facing his. Small circles of colour that are called eyes focused on me.

"People can walk, but human trash like you can't. Besides you are crazy."

"I'm not crazy!" I said sharply with a voice that Mrs Gren thought me. "And I have King's permission."

Seeing their smiles I knew I won't convince them into the truth. I rolled my eyes turning to leave but the second one stopped me.

"What now?!" I asked already frustrated.

I just wanted to be alone a little. Everything from past months just crashed into me and my mind couldn't process everything. A quiet place where I would be able to think was impossible to find in this castle.

"You have to be checked." Other said.

"You must be fucking kidding me!" I almost yelled, a curse escaping my lips. It has been quite a time since I said something like that.

"Something like that is not going to happen, and it looks like we will stand here till the morning." I narrowed my eyes looking at them.

"Why? What are you hiding?" The first one asked, and I gave him the look.

But he didn't step away. He just can't let me go.

"You need to be checked. You were too close to King's room."

"Not happening," I said and crossed my arms.

"Yes, happening." He repeated my expression to commit closer. My eyes shifted from the first one to a second one who was already too close to me.

"Step away," I said taking a step further.

"Don't be scared if the crazy person can feel that." His smile echoed in my ears and I shifted trying to find an exit.