Chapter 5

"Qualis rex talis greix"

When I could finally open my eyes, the first thing I noticed was dark. My room wasn't illuminated like it was when I fell asleep, but with a few straps of moonlight. The next thing that came in my brain were whispers. And not the good one.

"Your Majesty you can't wake her up." The doctor said. There was some rush in his voice.

"I will." He answered coldly. Hairs back of my neck instantly shuddered.

Well, I'm already awake. I closed my eyes just in case they decide to come near me.

"You can't. Her condition is still disputable. I need to check how she replied to blood and also her vital functions." he made a short break, "Your Highness, this may leave injuries on the mind. You should know that."

So that is what I felt on my left hand. I thought I dreamed it but guess no. He gave me the blood. It looks like the doctor didn't lie after all.

"I don't care. She could live long enough to take that for something bad." The Prince's voice changed into a warm tone. I if knew him I would have thought he is worried.

"Is it true? She told me why she came here." I opened my eyes again. That doctor is idiotic.

It took few minutes before Prince responded, but when he finally did, I felt something unusual in his voice.

"Yes. I saw it on my eyes. She talked to me while her parents sat there frozen."

"That is impressive," he whispered.

"You need not be charmed doctor," he said fastly, "She is a trouble for the system. The faster she tells me everything the faster I will find everyone else. There is always that chance."

My heart just skipped a few beats; I never thought something like that. Maybe there is someone out there, in another city, land, region, which has the same powers as me. If they find another person, they will see I'm not dangerous and I could go home. A flame of hope lot in my chests.

I just want to go home. Have some rest in my old house, room. I don't want these fancy stuff where the hospital is fancier than my house. It just feels empty. There is no soul. People are here but like they are not.

But guess they got uses to it. With The Prince as an example it's no wonder people like power more than people. If you have enough money, you are safe from everything. Even from army.

"Maybe I could examine that. If there is something in DNA," the doctor started slowly, " I can compare with someone else's blood," his voice became higher for an octave, "or even with Yours your Majesty." The excitement doctor felt was almost touchable. My eyes shut again.

"No. No one will test my blood." He said sharply that I moved my arm. My body was afraid of his voice.

I heard them suddenly stopping with conversation but after a few minutes I heard doctor speaking again.