Chapter 16

"Momento mori"

"Momento mori"

Just like he promised, three days later doctor let me out.

The feeling of complete happiness filed my bones, muscles giving me a sudden burst of energy. My hands shook when I felt fresh air on them.

City noise filled my ears and I smiled. Finally, after God knows how many hours of silence I could enjoy in every day's noise. People run around the city, some of them just followed with their family, but some of them in the carriage. I heard people cursing and I smiled turning to face Prince.

"What made you that happy, little monster?" He arched his eyebrow and looked around.

His nickname didn't go away. It was something he would bring whenever he would speak with me. It didn't matter how much I despised it, but the taste it would leave whenever he would speak with me. He killed a person, and for that, he fell in my eyes.

"People," I answered simply, my voice filled with emotions. I couldn't describe how I felt when one older man passed next to us. He, of course, bowed for a Prince but he greeted me with a smile. I wasn't dangerous like doctor and Prince would tell me, but just another human being.

When I finally stopped wandering around I looked at the ground trying to walk. Gray stones seemed so far away.
"Okay," I mumbled for myself putting the hair behind my ears. It was a nervous habit of mine. All the blood I lost and the problems I caused for myself weakened my body. The doctor wanted to let me out in the wheelchair but I refused.

When my first steps went without consequences I smiled. I can do this. It is easy.

Not looking at my feet anymore I walked toward the shop but the burst of energy just let me. I felt my legs shaking, and my feet letting down on weight.

Second, only passed before I saw Prince by my left catching me around the waist his hands sending chills down my spine.

"No," I said sharply, my voice filled with embarrassment. "I will do it by myself."

"And that goes quite well as I can see," my eyes rise and I'm faced with green pools of magic.

As I scan people around I see everyone is frozen.
"Stop that," I hissed my hands catching his uniform.
"Or what?" He answered, a cold expression on his face. His eyes turned blank, emotionless.

"Let them free," I hissed once more before letting from him.

"You will fall, little," he yelled behind me, but yells blocking his last words.
"I hope," I muttered for myself, blinded by the dresses in the shop.

Millions of colours thrown around the wooden doll in compliment with the dark red dress. Colour was the same as Prince's uniform and I couldn't stop myself from wondering why it was red colour. Royals love red colour, especially this time of dark, cherry red. It would change in the darker shade before turning light again.