Chapter 33

"Dum spiro spero"

"Dum spiro spero"

The cold breeze run over my uncovered body and I turned in the bed for a hundredth time. Sleep just didn't come to my eyes. The moment I laid my head on the pillow I thought I will sleep in matter of minutes, but no. My mind had other plans.

Finally givig up from rolling in my bed, I removed my blanket and touhed the cold marble. I was sleeping in the shirt. Prince's shirt, if I have to mention.

Till now it was washed a million times but somehow I was convincing myself that I can feel his scent. That so natural sent when we talked on the hill or when we talked on the terrace.

Those little moments where I convinced myself that he is not a monster he constantly tried to present himself. He was just a man that saw too many bad things. He was just a man after all.

And that man kissed me. I touched my lips like I could feel his lips on mine, but I couldn't. I felt his scent there. I felt it hours later after that. He was all around me.

I shook my head facing with the windows. In them I saw my little figure hugging myself but behind that I saw forest. Maybe their trees will calm me down.

****

I was walking for an hour, or at least I thought that way. Trees covered pieces of my vision and once again I hugged myself wishing I didn't just went somewhere. I could be lost.

But nothing could change how I felt in the forest. It was almost like everything ever bounded me just disappeared. All of my insecurities, and wished for fitting in flew in the air. I was alone with my thoughts, and every projected in my head like a movie.

Trees made sure I'm safe. Their shadows hid my traces and loud steps just as stopped again. For a moment I was projected into another forest a long time ago. I wasn't this strong, I was just scared lite girl hiding from the monsters. It was a shame monsters actually were humans.

The cold wind swirled around my carrying my hair from my face and I shrugged. Here was a reason here started Cold Mountains. Air was freezing and my fingers lost all its senses, but no matter what I didn't want to turn back.

I slowly felt like everything is falling apart. I couldn't control my emotions anymore. Every conversation with the prince, with the doctor, made me feel like some object. I couldn't stop thinking when prince told the doctor that all he wants is my resistance.

I don't know why, but that hurt much more than everything he did. He would do some bad things and after that, he would be normal.

It's like his power need too much. And at the end he losses control.

He once told me that power takes some of his energy, but in exchange with power he felt afterwards that was nothing. Giving little and receiving so much. But what happened with his emotions? Traces of them would show there and then but nothing compared to anger he felt in his room. He used his power then. Tried to control me, and to control my mind.