Chapter 26

"Nulla calamitas sola"

When Prince told me what not to do, I wanted, just to show him, but I didn't. I couldn't risk someone's life just because of my rebellious thoughts. Cain was nothing but good to me. He didn't deserve to be killed. So I gave up, slamming doors the harder I could with tears in my eyes. The pain on my left hand didn't get any better.

You would expect to make two steps in your room to be easy, but no. I wasn't that happy.

Danniel waited next to the guard who became my usual follower. I carried them for two months. One day I woke up, and they were in front of my room.

I didn't ask questions. I just wanted to like Mrs Gren but also I wanted to look like a good little prisoner to the Prince.

"What happened?" He asked already moving toward my hand.

"No!" I screamed, taking step backwards.

Even guard next to me moved when I said that. I couldn't risk that. He is too good.

"What?" His forehead narrowed in confusion but didn't take step toward me

"Nothing," I said rectifying my back. I had to act cold to show him that that kiss meant nothing. But oh my. It meant so much.

That taste of his lips, sweet taste of sugar because we ate chocolate cake, his teeth in my lower lip. Everything was good, and I wanted to repeat that but now I was too scared. He can't touch me.

"Nothing," I said interrupting him.

"Just leave me alone." I wanted to open my doors, but he moved toward me.

"No!" I said again feeling tears in my eyes.

Damn that hurt.

I slammed doors in front of his face and I couldn't delete his look. His face couldn't believe I'm acting like that. I was nothing but nice to him. But this is Prince's fault. It's not my fault I have like three people who love me and they all are a man. That is not my fault.

"Olivia? Can you bring me bandages?" I said turning to my bed. He looked like a dream. Like my best friend. Place where I could forget about that. Where I could act like someone other. My dreams.

"Miss, what happened?" She said worriedly as she rushed in the room.

"Oh, nothing. Prince cut me." I said showing my arm. My voice became a shadow as another wave of pain rushed throughout me.

"That is not a cut. That need stitches. You need to go to the doctor." She was already turning to call Cain, but I stopped her.

"Stop. Don't call him."

"You need to be healed properly." She said her eyes filled with worry.

"No, I don't." Prince doesn't think that way.