Chapter 34

"Ut sementem feceris ita metes"

Maybe if the parallel universe existed I could go away from Prince. To run for a day, experience a freedom I so wished to have.

"I'm really not in the mood for one of your lessons," I said closing my eyes.

My face raised up searching for glimpses of sun in the sky. I wished I could feel it on my face, something, a thing just so I could feel like a human.

I lifted my head like I'm expecting rain to fall on my face but nothing. I didn't want this.

"I don't want this," I said still looking up.

"I don't want this, either," he answered next to me.

My face narrowed still with my eyes closed. Maybe if somehow I deleted everything doctor said me. If I deleted every mutation he said I have. If I turned myself into a human.

"Well great. You should have killed me when we first met." I said honestly tired of holding those words inside of me.

I wanted to say that out loud and I did. I said everything I wanted and now I need to wait for his response.

"I couldn't kill you." I heard his answer.

I turned to him.

"Why? You don't have a problem with that." I said sharp wanting to find something in those cold eyes.

"I don't know." He said crossing his hands on chest. Something in his positure just dared me to speak again.

I watched him for a minute, waiting to say something else but he didn't.

"I need some rest," I said turning in a way toward my room.

"We will go for three hours." His voice echoed behind me.

"We are getting back?" I asked turning to look at him.

"Yes, the coronation is in two days." He said raising an eyebrow.

"Great," I said and turned again.

****

I found my notebook and pick it up. I sat on the floor and looked at every drawing. They weren't perfect, I could find something bad with every single one, but they were mine. A little part in this whole big black hole that was mine. Something I did.

I put it on my chest and hugged. My mind wanted to go back when I was little, sitting in the kitchen while my mom cooked.

I wondered where she was now. It's around eight o'clock, and she is probably washing cloth, or making lunch for today. I used to help her with both, but I don't know.

Now she has no one.

I remembered a place on that hill. When I told the prince that I'm adopted.