Chapter 48

"Historia magistra vitae est"

I stopped. Why does he wanted to talk to me?

I thought he is busy dealing with king stuff and dealing with rebellion. He needed to send soldiers.

As I heard they are trying to attack three main places for the army. Town Lona, practising area Wert and south of the country. One place called Fon. They were placed where the most of army is located. They practise, prepare, and work. Not on the body, but on the mind too.

"Why?" I whispered and looked at his hand.

His huge hand felt so warm and comfortable. My whole body heated, and I looked into his eyes again.

They are cold.

"We have something to clear." He answered, and I was surprised with coldness in his voice. He sounded like the real king. He isn't coronated but just on the throne because the king is killed, but this change for a moment scared me. His constant changes scared me.

"Okay," I said and nodded.

"We will go in my cabinet." He said and turned to doors.

He didn't even glance at Queen.

I turned to her.

"I will be back," I whispered and kissed her on the forehead.

Prince waited for me at the doors.

"Why are you doing that? She is a villain of the story." He said and I narrowed my eyes.

"Your story. Not mine. You are the villain of my story." I said sharply and looked at him.

He raised eyebrows for a second and then he turned.

"Come." He turned in some direction and I had to follow him.

Again, stairs. Moving. Steps. This castle is too big.

I exhaled when we finally came to his cabinet. It looked the same as the last time. My first visit was when I thought I will die.

This is my second visit.

I looked like a lost puppy in the middle of the room. He sat on the table and showed me to sit on the chair. Slowly, I made my way to it.

It looked a little strange to be this quiet, but I didn't care. Maybe this is how King work.

I exhaled when I sat on the chair and toward him. He started immediately.

"As you remember you came here three months ago. You spent a whole time in the castle. You learnt out traditions, manners, a way of thinking. You fit in this layer and you have a nice chance to live in that layer for the rest of life. We will stop pretending that I will kill you. I did not do that first day and I won't do that now when I know you. So I will ask directly. Why are you here? How can you resist? And do you have a mission? Did you had something with King's death?"