Chapter 13

"Quot capita tot sententiae"

As the noise woke me up I wished to silence them all. My sleepy head just wanted to rest, because if night taught me something it was no matter how much I wanted to stay look at people I also needed to sleep.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was a pillow. Wishing I could silence them all with it I dragged it over my head only to fail. The voices were so loud that I finally gave up and stood up.

Looking at the terrace door I saw that the sun didn't come out yet. When I saw it's half six in the morning, I wished to scream. I was awake until midnight, following the people.

When you watch people in some way you get to know them. My eyes would follow where someone is getting, how are they dressed, their talk. Nobles would usually walk with a few women always dressed like they are going on the ball, but workers had a simple shirt and pants. Some people carried a bottle or two. 

Soldiers never slept. They had two-night shifts: before midnight and after. I watched as they all submitted a report; Who acted how what they did and then they would go to say the same thing to Prince. They were loyal. A Few soldiers from Princes Silver Guard walked there and then in the twenty-minute distance. They never spoke, never looked elsewhere than right in front of them.

Everyone was different and I knew that mostly. Just because Prince locked me here it didn't mean I have to stay in. I liked to watch people and I liked to draw them.

I didn't care for these fancy things, the big rooms and nice dresses, but the food is good. Damn, the food is fantastic. They would bring me a plate with a green vegetable, best meat, a silver fork and the best fruit for dessert. The maid left some fruit on my table next to the bed, and in those late nights, I ate apple after apple, threw it on the ground just to prove that I'm not a lady.

Classes will be pointless. I will learn nothing. I will remain in my little shell hiding from this fancy person and big parties. After all, I couldn't leave my room.

But Danniel mentioned something about fights, soldiers. He asked would I like him to fight. That must be a reason for this.

When I opened terrace doors at first I was faced with so many yelling. Then with curses and after that with the whole atmosphere. People stood in groups laughing and joking. Soldiers walked around some of them warming up, some just being there with others while they waited for something.

Most of the fighters were shirtless and they had some numbers on their hands. Tracing every muscle in their body every so sharp, so implemented. As the workers walked around ignoring little groups of jokes I see them rushing from the court. It was almost like they wanted to finish something before they come back.

I felt pinches of guilt. I shouldn't be enjoying this.

"Don't even think about that." Someone said, and I jumped feeling my heart tremble. I looked in my room but there wasn't anyone. Who was that?