Chapter 32

"Ubi concordia ibi victoria"

The fact with long rides is that they give you time to think. As we left the Wall behind and that soldier my mind just followed a simple patter, which observed in the simple actions like breathing and staying on the horse. Nothing mattered now.

You don't care for that soldier. It's you who said you will revenge to Prince. And your revenge just started.

My head instantly rose up. That's true. I wanted to hurt him, to show him what he did to me, to show him who is he actually.

Prince killed that soldier, not me. Soldier touched me first, not contrary. Everything that soldier did was his action. His free will.
I observed the landscape around me. The forest became darker and somewhere in it, I heard someone yelling. More guards made sure Prince is safe. I let an exhale.

He killed that boy, in front of me. He killed his people, his guard, his part. He trained with him and he killed him. Coldblood. He didn't even flinch.

Now he was on horse riding like nothing happened. Like no one was killed.

Soldiers realised that the boy is missing, but no one asked any questions. When you suddenly find on the back of a convoy, you can hear everything.

I was riding with my head low, not paying attention to the road. The horse did it himself. He just moved forward following other ones.

I was lost in my thoughts. I wanted to end this somehow. I wanted that punishing to stop. I wanted to be finally free. I wanted to feel normal again; I wanted everything I couldn't have.

Other, though, was that I'm tired. I'm so fucking tired of everything. I didn't want to ride next to him. I couldn't even watch him. He was a monster and once again; he confirmed that.

I will stay out of them and everyone will stay alive. Prince was right on one thing. When he forbid me to walk in the castle. If I didn't get out no one would get killed. But no. I had to do that.

I had to watch those games when the prince told me not to. I had to rip my stitches and King had to come.

That was cause and consequences.

Prince just tried to teach me a lesson, but he didn't know: someone like me, a person who hid the whole life, could hide its feeling. Travis and Amelia now seemed like the best persons in the world. They will set me free. And then I can forget everything about this. It won't matter. Someone like a doctor, Prince or soldier won't matter. I will be free, the time will show.

When yells stopped he convoy I raised my head. We were in front of some metal gate.
Big sign 'private property' was on it and I looked down. I was at the end of the colon but I saw everything. Every soldier came down at the forest making a secure way for the prince. They guarded him.