Chapter 7

"Non estaurom omne quod raudut"

The ceiling was fascinating. All in the glass and crystal. But the glass reflected nothing on the floor; the whole thing was on the ceiling. Rainbows and different variations of colours were on it. Like some light show, but everything was like magic. I didn't see any sources of that light. 

"Those are Arelian Crystals, made just for this. No matter how cloudy it would get the colours would always stay there," I heard a whisper next to me. 

My eyes moved and met Prince's. For the first time I didn't see an urge to fight or conquer, but a subtle wish for knowledge.

There was a legend about Anubis Arelian, a great sailor who tried to uncover secrets of the island called Ekaia, sailing under the flag of our previous King Manachor de Loughrey The Third. Once he came to an island there, he found it was shattered with ice with no living soul. But being there he uncovered those are not ice bergs but crystals with souls of settlers and everyone who tried to destroy crystals. So he came back to the King telling him about his discovery only to be sent back to bring him a proof. The only soul who survived was his son, and by his father he called them Arelian.

But that was nothing more than a story. My mother told me about it whenever I would try to hide from my power. "You won't be able to live," she would say if I tried to hide my soul. My body shake off of the memories I felt with the cold breeze spreading on my skin. A little cut piece of my dress uncovered my chest, and I felt I'm cold. Like there is snow in the air. 

When my hand touched a cold dark stone of this building, I closed my eyes trying to imagine it being built. They built this breathtaking building on one of the most beautiful places in our society. A hill just under the Old City Irragin where all culture and religion was saved thanks to tunnels under the castle. The old one was destroyed, but the new came stronger and invariable than ever. 

My eyes parted now faced with the windows from floor to the ceiling uncovering a big park and a few soldiers fighting on the stone part. They looked like they are having fun. One of them kicked other, and they both laughed. They looked happy.

Yes. I recognized a silver tattoo on their biceps; a sign of their devotions toward a Prince. Being with him it meant no commitment to other aspects of their lives - Prince came first and always will.

"Come on." The Prince withdrew me from my observing stone room and we now turned into a glass one.

The guards disappeared. The four guards behind us just placed next to the doors standing and looking at nothing.

This room was placed, so it faced a big and strong river Tirst. One of the biggest harbors in the country. I saw ships from Delia, Mikos and many other unknown to my eye.

Sun shone through big white curtains and drawn to the wind uncovered a place where people yelled dragging their things, and orders. A few Nobles walked around admiring the hot day.