Chapter 12

"Non progredi est regredi"

My wrist didn't hurt at all. Only when my hands would come together, I would feel a slight pain in my wrist and for that I put some ice on it.

Smiling at Olivia as I took the bag for a second I let my minds slip away. When a coldness came through the bag, my mind slipped into another day, year; far from here and far from my home.

It was a winter morning. The sky was clear so everybody wanted to play. But not me. I just wanted to draw. I wanted to look out to the window and draw the river with snow around it, but my mother convinced me. Not exactly like that. She threatened me to take my notebook if I don't make some friends.

So I got out of the house and met Amelia. On some higher level we made our bonding. It wasn't some weird thing about myths and legends just two persons clicking on first. She was my better half. If I didn't want to do something she would do that just because she wanted to see what will happen. Not too good.

Just like everything had its dark side that day had too. Something dark and dangerous I dared not to speak about. Something people just gossiped about never knowing it happened to someone close. 

Shaking from the sudden shower of memories a bag from my hands just dropped on the floor without a sound. Hairs from the white rug underneath my feet blocked all the sounds leaving the silence. Silence before a storm. Silence before a torture.

My breath just caught in the back of my throat. Hotness of the same make me unable to breathe. My eyes filed with water I didn't know I'm holding. The wind disappeared in the distance.
I stepped out on the terrace. My eyes met with the last glimpses of sun. Colouring sky in the shades of pink and purple I could pretend like I didn't remember my past. On this beautiful evening why would I wanted to remember that. 

A sword clash turned my mind to another attention. They didn't care about beautiful night. The only thing these two were focused is a fight. One of them was fighting in the dark suit. Why would anyone want to fight in that? It was hard and dirty. 

But if they wanted to fight why they don't go into battles? Wars? Conquers? Whenever someone would attack it was my people militated first. I never heard one of the nobles died in the battle. It was always a long list of people from my town; other people low in the money scale.

With a long exhale, I knew what it meant. The most powerful hide behind their army. And they always will.

My eyes scanned civilians sword. It was one of the most beautiful designs I ever saw. Something only the greatest blacksmiths could make. And one thing could allow them all. Money. Raw gold from the mines, a great sailing deal, minerals. Whatever they owned it brought them money. 

They decorated the hilt with some stones. Sapphires as it looked. That big sapphire was in the middle of the sword on the place were blade and hilt connected. The strong metal shone through the black hilt almost like it was melted. There and then it would catch a glimpse of sun and it would blind me. I just didn't know how they fought with that.