Chapter 24

"Ab usus, ab usum, in vokat"

Everyone would be relieved when their keeper and tormentor would go, but not me. I was scared when he left.

At first,t I walked up and down not believing he actually left.

There were less than 20 days till coronation and preparation are there.

I saw much more servants than ever and the whole castle looked liver. You could hear people talking from places where wasn't any living soul. I was happy because of that but also scared.

What will happen now when he is gone? I was in my position just because of him. He was like tormentor from one side and from another, he was like a guardian.

He was watching over me and made me feel safe, at least. But I wasn't safe.

He pulled me in that fake sense of security like a little bubble over me, not conscious of what is happening around me. On one way I became untouchable. No one dared to speak anything about me when he was here. They knew he will know but now when he left my ears caught gossips. Gossips of every kind.

The first group of gossips talked I was in a relationship with the Prince. They still talked about my appearance at dinner, how I wore royal colours and how I walked with the Prince. They were sure I'm Prince's misters and that he will dump me when he gets bored with me.

The second group talked about the coronation. They talked he run to prepare for tattoos. How that is terrible pain and how this king never did that. He wasn't the first one chosen for that position so he skipped that. But Prince was in the first line. He had to do that.

That is what scared me the most. That he can't survive that. But I also knew he is much more stronger that he appeared. Not that he is showing like a coward but his presence made fear into the bones.

I was scared that after that he will kill me. So I wanted to run.

The third group was the scariest one. They were talking about how Prince liked pain and he enjoyed in blood so much that is a reason why I have so many scars. And that I got the nerve break. They hid that from me but one showed and said what is the truth.

I wasn't sure what to believe. From one side I knew that I shouldn't believe in that, just like Prince said.

Why do you care what they think?

I remembered that sentence. He whispered in my ear when we were at dinner. Like he wanted the whole castle to know I'm his and that I needed to be hated.

But on the other side, I had to believe in theories. Why am I here?

Travis said that he is keeping me alive just to found out what is wrong with me and then he will kill me. Not that I believed him, but I had to question myself.