Chapter 45

"Quod cito pit citoperit"

I gave up.

I didn't know how to act. My brain was full of information and I didn't know how to think. So I gave up.

I sat on my favourite place in the room, rug next to my bed, placing a head on the bed.

I never thought queen could do something like this. She was nothing but nice. I didn't have reason to hate her. But now. When the prince told me everything. I could hate her. I could give up on that place next to her, but I listened to him.

I needed to be careful. Think before you act. I need to stop before I do something. So much I need that I almost forgot that I actually don't have some rights. As prince never let me forget I was just a prisoner.

But in this light, I didn't feel like a prisoner.

I felt like someone next to Prince. As he said we shared too much common DNA.

I didn't know does that make us somehow relatives, but I didn't want that. Emotions I felt for him were too serious to be for the brother or someone else.

Like every game he played, he made me fall in love with him.

I exhaled. That was the first time I thought something like that. But guess my heart felt this too long, just my brain needed time to process it. As always I didn't show that because after that night I betrayed him.

Travis after all blackmailed me. I needed to give him that information or my parents would die, and I'm not ready for that.

I wanted them alive and well. Now when he is next to them I didn't believe him at all. He is just a murder and someone who thought that has some power.

But spending time with people in castle, you hear so many gossips. You see people having lovers, before meeting with their wives and kissing their children. Some people went that far they wanted me to be their liver. Oh, what would I give for a chance to go somewhere else.

Runing sounded too good. Foreign cities, unfamiliar names, persons I didn't know. Someone who could help me, save me.

But I was trapped in here in a shell of good behaviour, with love filled to my tormentor.

Again in the morning, I was with the Queen. I felt like I'm betraying everything I have but I had to do that. So I took a deep breath and opened doors.

She already waited for me. Some women measured something and other would write that. She smiled and I had to do the same.

Friendship. I had to remind myself.

"Come come. We need to measure you." Queen said and looked at women.

I nodded and getting inside.