Chapter 41

"Qui acceperit gladium gladio peribunt"

When I met those lifeless eyes my feet automatically moved a step backwards. Something sprayed over my face and for I moment I thought those are tears but no. Blood. I realised when I smelled it. Danniel's blood.

My eyes widened in shock and I looked at his body under Prince's feet. His head was cut off. Prince killed his best friend.

I can't believe.

He really did that. Just like with that solider.

If I said something I don't remember. My mind was fogy field with no words. My eyes rested on dark forest when I felt Prince's hand around my elbow and I turned around.

The snow was falling. It didn't look white anymore. The place around our feet was red. Dark. Like hell. Like some mine.

I can't take this.

I turned, and I felt Prince is hugging me. My head was under his. I was so low he could rest his head on mine. My arm was around his waist and my head was on his chest. I heard his heartbeat. Nice and steady. Like he is reading something not murdering a person.

I let out a gasp, and I felt him hugging me even harder.

My hands hugged him tighter wishing I don't have to let him go. For a moment I wished I can stay in his hug forever, caged like that bird, but safe.

Nothing from this would happen. I would never feel anything toward him, and he would stay alive, but I didn't feel guilty. I didn't feel shame. I felt nothing. I just don't. I think that is something he deserved. Some punishment. I didn't think this will be hard but still; the decision wasn't in my hands. He is after all the person who raped me.

That is the truth. And now the truth is just on me. Another person is dead.

Oh.

I exhaled, and I looked at him.

Even in dark his eyes shone with some light. Like two lamps in dark. Like light after the dark tunnel. Light after all.

"I don't know what to say," I said looking at the ground.

I'm not the brave one, but I felt like stone fell off my chest.

I don't have to fear anymore.

"I don't need you to say anything." He said, and I surprised looked at him.

His head was low. Snow was falling around it placing on his dark hair and jacket.

He looked like part of that darkness and wood until he raised his head.

"It's what I said, after all." He said, and I saw little dust on his face.

Must be blood.

"Here take this." He gave me something white, and I took it. I didn't ask questions.