Chapter Seven

The next morning, Aubrey and Lexy were up crazily earlier although neither were tired, the excitement completely cancelled out any feeling of exhaustion. By the time they got to the cup, a small crowd had already gathered, watching as a pair of Durmstrang boys went up, dropping their names in before curtly walking away. Across the room, they spotted Angela sitting alone, her glasses perched precariously on the edge of her nose.

As she saw them approaching a vague look of amusement appeared on her face, "Feeling better, Aubrey?"

"I was but your gloating will probably put me in a worse mood so girl, DON'T do it," She warned. Angela said nothing, simply smirking slightly.

"I wasn't going to gloat, I'm all gloated out from Kenny," She replied.

"Gross," Lexy said, wrinkling up her nose. Angela raised a dark eyebrow at Lexy.

"Wasn't a euphemism, I literally mean I've been lecturing him all night," Angela replied.

"Ew, still gross," Lexy replied, sniggering slightly, "You know because you said all night and it sounds like..."

She trailed off under the watchful glares of her friends, neither of whom were amused. Lexy continued to giggle though as the other two began talking.

"So anyone put their name in yet?" Aubrey asked, sitting down next to Angela, "And where's Kenny?"

"He's in bed, thought I'd let him sleep after yesterday, my poor fool. And in answer to your first question, nobody of interest yet,"She replied, her head bobbing up slightly, "Oh wait, someone's going forwards..." Within a few seconds, her head sunk again, "Just another Durmstrang. It's like we get it, you're organised!"

"So nobody from Hogwarts?"

Angela's brow furrowed slightly, "Yes, a couple of them did, fairly uneventful. Actually, something cool happened with a couple of them come to think of it. You know that girl Janine Fawcett in Divination? I think, she shot right back out again, with a great white beard too. I have no idea what was happening there."

"How long have you been here, Angela?" Lexy asked curiously to which Angela gave a shrug.

"I was the first one to arrive," She replied, "Well, second to a bunch of Durmstrangs but they don't count."

With that, the three girls watched in silence as a few people edged forward to the cup and the crowd slowly increased. As she sat, she briefly noticed the creepy new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher watching the crowd so intently it sent shivers down her spine but didn't look too closely. This was mainly because she'd just seen a flash of red hair and her interest was sparked until she quickly realised it wasn't George, just his younger brother. Her interest was dampened yet again.

"Oh my God, look! Roger is here!" Lexy screamed, leaping up so abruptly that a few people turned to her.

Aubrey's mouth curved into a faint smile, "I thought you were trying to be subtle about this, hon, keep it on the down low, will you?"

At this, Lexy's hands clamped over her mouth, "Oh God, I am the worst, he'll know now! Oh God, this is awful, what if he puts his name in the cup and he will, won't he..."

"No. He won't, his body is his everything, he simply wouldn't risk it. Look, he's just sitting down," Angela replied, peering over her glasses, "Doesn't look like he's going to enter."

"Oh thank God!" Lexy put her hand on her forehead in a swooning gesture before returning to her seat, "I thought he was going to die... no, no, WAIT, he's standing up again, oh no! Never mind, he's sat back down, think he was just greeting someone...."