Chapter Nine

When Aubrey awoke, she noticed two things instantly. One, her headache was gone so she'd actually slept and two: she was 99% sure she'd just heard a man groan. In the Hufflepuff dorms.

The Hufflepuff girls dorms.

"For the love of Merlin, what?" She murmured sleepily, rolling over and pulling her pillow over her face, "Get out of the girls' dorm, man..."

The man had spoken again. At this, she rolled back over, opening her eyes slowly to see someone unexpected lying in the bed opposite her. Kenny.

Usually, when she opened her eyes she was met with the sight of Georgina, her freckled, raven haired dorm mate which left only two explanations. Kenny had broken in and killed Georgina taking her place or Kenny had slept with her.

"What the hell..." She whispered, sitting up and pulling the duvet up with her, "Kenny?..."

A million thoughts raced through her head, as she jumped out of bed, feeling weirdly tall as she glanced around to see where Georgina was. Surprisingly, Kenny was in there alone, no Georgina.

"Oh no, what in Merlin's name happened," She whispered, kneeling down at the side of the bed and giving Kenny a gentle shake, "Kenny... Kenny."

"Huh... what..." He murmured, sleepily opening one of his brown eyes which swiftly narrowed again into a slit, "Go away, I'm not talking to you."

"You're not talking to me?" She hissed, "Is this because I death stared you yesterday? Oh, hon, it was a joke. What are you doing here?"

"Piss off, Fred," Kenny hissed before rolling over again. Aubrey stared at him with vague horror; how could he be so nonchalant about this? He was in another girl's bed! She swiftly gave him a jabbing punch on the arm which made him sit bolt upright, his dark hair flopping in front of his face.

"I will punch you back, piss off," He said, rubbing his arm, "What was that for?"

"For sleeping with Georgina, ho - you know what, you're not a 'hon' anymore, this is awful!" Aubrey hissed, "Where is she? Or did you kill her because, Kenny, that is way worse... oh Merlin, why aren't you saying anything?"

Kenny's eyebrow was raised, a look of bewilderment on his face before he shook it and lay back down again, "You're mental, Fred, absolutely mental, who's Georgina? Go back to sleep."

"I will... what did you just call me?"

"Your name? What is wrong with you?" Kenny replied, sighing as he added, "Please don't tell me you've switched beds again because I really couldn't give less of a crap. I'm sick of you two, me and Aubrey got really ill - "

"Yes, I know," Aubrey replied, a slight panic creeping in at Kenny talking about her in third person, "I was sick, threw up with you and everything."

"Oh piss off, not funny," Kenny moaned, putting his pillow over his face, "I will beat you both up, I don't care if you have brothers 'cause they're not here and even if they were, Percy is a cissy and Ron's a twat."

"I don't have brothers..." She whispered, "What the hell is going on?"

"PISS OFF, FRED!" Kenny roared and Aubrey stepped back a bit, her eyes wide with shock. She'd never seen Kenny this angry, he was usually so mild mannered. Maybe it was being caught in the act that had riled him up but it was even stranger considering he was in the wrong.

"Bloody rude," She murmured, getting back into bed, her face twisted into a scowl. As she lay there, her mind cleared slightly, the tiredness and anger flowing away and allowing her to think and truly notice something. This wasn't her bed. In fact it couldn't have been more different, the sheets were red and soft, the beds placed in a circle rather than a square. Kenny wasn't in the wrong dorms, she was.