Chapter Fourteen

"Are you sure nobody's going to walk in?" Aubrey asked, following Fred into a room where he'd promised nobody would ever find them in.

"Absolutely," His words carried little reassurance for her, "Trust me, you would know."

"What do you mean, I would know?" Aubrey asked, glowering at him as she slowed her pace to let him catch up, forgetting that she now had 'legs for days'. Somehow the day had only just started yet it was already more interesting, than the rest of the year combined - just not in a good way. Strangely although the body swap was a definite shock, the worst part had probably been Fred finding out about George within the space of an hour or so. The body swap could be reversed (probably) but irritating knowledge could never be erased from someone's brain - well you could, but she had morals. No doubt he'd bring it up if she ever did something he deemed annoying; there was a reason only a few people knew and that was reason was people like Fred.

"Well, you've been there," Fred explained with a smirk.

"What... oh no. Oh Fred, hon, NO!" She huffed loudly as they turned the corner revealing none other than the dusty arithmancy classroom.

Fred snickered slightly, vaguely enjoying Aubrey's discomfort. It didn't seem malicious, he was simply mischievous by nature and this was technically mischief, even if it did lean dangerously close to cruel territory. Just one look at the door already shot a strange nostalgic blend of discomfort and excitement through her, so much so that she was hesitant to open it lest she become completely overwhelmed.

"Well, George might come in here," Aubrey said, folding her arms tightly.

"Nah, he's in lessons."

"He might bunk," Aubrey said, "He offered to do it with me, he thinks I'm sick. You know what, he's already suspicious, I don't know if this will work."

"Eh, George won't bunk without me... you... me. Whatever, you know what I mean," Fred brushed it off quickly, "Even if he does, this is our place, he'd never expect me to come alone so he won't come here either."

"Hon, your talking nonsense," She said dryly.

"Nope, it all makes sense," He assured her confidently, opening the door fully and ushering her in. As he did so, a cloud of dust swarming out sparking a minor coughing fit in the both of them, only making her fret even more.

"Promise me there aren't anymore vomiting pills in here?"

"There might be... but I won't give you any," Fred promised, although she still craned her neck just in case he was crossing his fingers or something .

"I feel like such an idiot," She murmured, "As that old phrase says, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Feel like I'm about to be shamed big time."

Whether Fred heard her or not was debatable but if he did, he showed no signs of it, making a beeline for an old blackboard. She couldn't help feel a twinge of annoyance that he rubbed it down with his sleeve, or rather her sleeve that she had spent a lot of money on and had been specifically instructed to take care of her by her overbearing mother. The whole thing was deeply unnerving especially since she could probably handle it a lot better with total control of the situation.

"Still think we should go back to the library and check again. If we can get ourselves out of this mess, then that's surely a be a better usage of our time than learning about each other," She said, taking a seat on the desk as Fred stubbornly shook his head.

"Nah, you saw it wasn't there," Fred said.

"But there might be other ones we could read, Madam Pince said she didn't know all the books in the library," Aubrey moaned, kicking her legs back and forth idly.