Chapter Thirteen

Getting away from George turned out to be harder than she'd hoped as he seemed genuinely concerned about 'Fred's' odd behaviour that morning. Somehow she'd managed to pass it off as food poisoning, excusing herself to the dorms. George had offered to stay with him but halfway down the corridor, as luck would have it, they'd bumped into Lee Jordan who had subtly yet firmly insisted that George not miss yet another herbology lesson. This was perfect, giving Aubrey the chance to find Fred again and hopefully sort out this mess once for all.

Fred seemed to have had a similar idea and she managed to catch him as he wandered the corridors in the vague direction of the Hufflepuff common room.

"Fred!" She called after the boy, earning herself an odd look from a passing third year, "I mean... Aubrey! Aubrey Jackson!"

Fred turned, his face scarily devoid of emotion. Quickly, she dashed over, wondering what had upset him so.

"You alright? Did Angela scare you? Oh wait, did Lexy annoy you?" She racked her brains for everything that could possible lead to this inexplicable poker face.

"Lexy?"

"Blonde, short girl with a chubby face and hair in space buns usually... no?" Fred shook his head, "Seriously is everything alright? Has it just hit you that you're now in the body of a hormonal teenage girl? Because if it is, I'm here to get us back to the library so you can have your body back."

For a few moments more, Fred was silent before shaking his head, "Well, yeah but... goodness me, this is awkward. So terribly uncomfortable but did you... do you..."

She raised an eyebrow at him, "Incredibly articulate, aren't you. Spit out, hon, we don't have all day."

"This isn't even a question, why am I doing this?" He said shaking his head, "You like George, don't you!"

Out of all the things going on right now, her mild crush on George seemed near the bottom of her priorities list yet judging by the horrified look on Fred's face, it had skyrocketed to number one.

"Um, perhaps? It's not a problem - "

"Not a problem? You're in a body that looks just like him," Fred said, "It must be a dream come true for you, you look like your crush, you can live it out all your fantasies... oh Merlin's pants, I think I feel ill."

He shuddered dramatically and she couldn't help but roll her eyes, "Can you please get a grip - "

"How can I when you fancy him? Merlin's beard, have you been flirting with him in my body because that's just a bit messed up, y'know - "

"Oh, can you be quiet!" She hissed, "This really isn't the main issue here! Yes, I kind of maybe fancy him a little bit, but right now I just want to switch back, okay?"

"Or maybe you don't," Fred said, his eyes wide, "Maybe you planned this - "

"Maybe you planned this!"

"But I didn't," Fred replied, "This benefits you perfectly, you can get close to him and do stuff as me - "

Aubrey couldn't take his ramblings any longer and in one swift movement, whipped Fred's wand out of her pocket, aiming it at his face, "Silencio!"

It was extremely satisfying to watch Fred go from continuous chattering one moment to gawping like a fish the next.

She towered over him, using her new height to an advantage, "Listen, I didn't plan this, how would this benefit me in the slightest? You said yourself, I can't flirt with him if I'm you, why would I go into the body of his twin? Surely, if I wanted to live out my fantasies, as you gracefully put it, I'd switch into him not you, there are differences... brain power, to name one. And finally, girl, I fell for your stupid vomiting pill trick, what makes you think that I would have the intelligence to pull off such an elaborate scheme?"