Chapter Eleven

Fred gulped as he walked over, more scared than he cared to admit about talking to Madame Pince. Quickly, he remembered that he wasn't in his own body which did renew his confidence somewhat.

"You're walking slow," He whipped around, dismayed to see Aubrey (in his body of course) trailing behind him.

"I thought you were staying put," Fred hissed, exhaling quickly in an attempt to get the hairs out of his mouth, a problem he'd never had to experience before, "She hates me."

"And I don't want her to hate me too! Girl, listen, it's not that I don't trust you which I ... don't but if you managed to annoy her once, who's to say you won't do it again. I come here a fair amount as me of course and I want it to stay that way."

"Sure," Fred huffed back, already slightly tired of her distrustful, stiff nature. She seemed nice enough and he did understand it wasn't an ideal situation for either of them, so it wasn't entirely fair to be to harsh on her.

The pair of them walked towards the thin lipped librarian who's mouth curled in displeasure at their arrival.

"I thought you said she liked you," Fred whispered, feeling more and more uncertain at the look of pure hatred on the librarian's face.

Aubrey bit her lip, "She does, I think... well, not hates is probably more accurate, she doesn't like anyone really... but there's not a big difference."

At this, Fred stopped a few meters away from the desk, Aubrey halting a little ahead of him, turning around irritably. Madam Pince looked more confused than annoyed now but Fred didn't really care either way, it wasn't his reputation he was affecting.

"Not a big difference? I didn't hate potions but I still would have skived any day. Like means you... like something," Fred hissed and Aubrey took a few menacing steps forward, clearly enjoying the new power of height. Seeing an exact lookalike walking towards him was nothing new however thanks to the joy of having an identical twin so it did little to frighten him.

"Wow, you don't say," She scoffed, "Come on, stop stalling and get on with it. Early bird catches the worm, so hurry up."

"You know that ends with, but the second mouse gets the cheese," Fred replied.

"Oh... really?"

Fred was about to reply but Madam Pince cut in, tiring of the two bickering teens, "Can I help you? The library is for quiet study and we don't usually allow students in... pyjamas."

It took Fred a few moments to realise that he wasn't the one she was addressing; for once he wasn't in trouble despite the fact both were wearing pyjamas. In fact, Madam Pince's eyes had essentially skipped right past him, fixing on the troublesome ginger body that Aubrey was currently inhabiting. Aubrey was just as confused, blinking innocently a few times before realising she wasn't herself.

"Oh, you're talking to me, aren't you," Aubrey replied, "I'm sorry, guess I just forgot as we have to ask you something - "

"If it's about being un-banned from the Restricted section, I thought I made it clear that ban was permanent," Madam Pince said sternly and Fred sniggered unhelpfully.

"No, it's not, it's for a school project, History of Magic or something - "

"You can check yourself, there's a whole library of resources here, Mr Weasley," Madam Pince snapped.

Aubrey turned to Fred, clearly not used to being treated with such suspicion. For a few moments, Fred didn't dare move before remembering that she might actually trust him compared to Aubrey who was clearly getting nowhere.