Chapter 3: Contacting Home

The next day at breakfast, Kina, Gida, Tarom, and I sat at our own table, whispering about the Orb. I kept it in my locket around my neck. We didn't want the others to know about the Orb, still unsure of this place called Earth.

"We need to return to Coruscant." Tarom suggested.

"Are you serious?" I asked. "That's suicide. Clone troopers will be waiting for us."

"Storm's right, that planet is no longer an option." Kina agreed.

"What other option do we have?" Gida questioned.

"We still have the transmitter. We can see if we can contact Master Yoda or Master Kenobi." I reminded them.

"Let's go into my room." Kina suggested.

We then made sure no one followed us as we made our way to Kina's room. We locked the door, and pulled out the transmitter. First we tried to contact Master Yoda but it didn't work.

"Try Master Kenobi." Gida insisted.

After a few moments, a hologram of Master Kenobi appeared before us. My smile widened as my shoulders slumped in relief. It's good to see another friend from back home.

"Storm? Kina? Gida? Tarom?" Obi-Wan asked. "Where are you guys?"

"We are currently in an unknown planet called Earth." I explained.

"Earth?" Obi-Wan repeated as he furrowed his brows. "Never heard of it. What galaxy is it located in?"

"It's in a galaxy named the Milky Way." Kina explained. "There are no stormtroopers here nor has anyone here seen Jedi before."

"And they haven't seen any aliens." I added. "Their population only consists of humans."

Kenobi furrowed his brows. "I haven't heard of the galaxy either. They must be very isolated, more than the Hapes Cluster."

"Master Kenobi, we found something that you may want to know about." Tarom said before looking at me.

I then took out the Orb and showed it to Obi-Wan. He gasped. "The Orb of Passage. Impossible! After Jedi Council found this artifact in the Temple of Tet-Ami on Benja-Rihn, they stored it away from the Sith. How did you find it?"

"In one of the caves of Ilum." I explained. "I saw it there on the ground."

"What shall we do, Master Kenobi?" Gida asked.

"Listen carefully, if the Jedi Council hasn't heard of the galaxy then there's a good chance that the Sith have no idea that Earth or even this galaxy called the Milky Way exists." Master Kenobi explained. "Stay put on that planet and lay low."

"And what about the Orb?" Tarom inquired.

"Hide it where no one will find it." Obi-Wan replied. "Smash it, if you must. I'm afraid we can't have this in the hands of the Sith."

"But how will we get home?" Kina questioned. "There must be another way, Master Kenobi."

"I'm sorry, but if you return you'll all be killed." Obi-Wan reminded us before he looked over at me. "Your sister, Jinx is looking for you, and she won't rest until you are found. So if I were you, I would stay there."

"But the Jedi-" I began.

"The Jedi Council and the temples are through." Obi-Wan said, cutting me off. "You must live your lives without the Jedi Order now. Restart your lives, if like you said there are no stormtroopers then it's definitely a great idea to stay there. Don't worry, Master Yoda and I aren't alone. We've got it taken care of. Now take care and may the force be with you."

"May the force be with you as well, Master Kenobi." I replied.

With that the hologram vanished. We all looked at each other with worried expressions. If we smash this we may destroy the only way back home. However we don't know of the evils that lie here. What if it gets into the wrong hands?

"What should we do?" Tarom asked.

"We destroy it, that's what." Kina said in a confident tone.

"But Kina, if we destroy this we may not ever return back home." Gida reminded me.

"But we don't know anything about this world. There might not be any stormtroopers or Sith, but that doesn't mean there's evil lurking about ready to snatch this from our hands. Besides, what awaits us back home? Jedi Hunters, stormtroopers, and an empire?" Kina reminded us.

I sighed. "Master Kenobi was right. We can't go home, we'll be forced into hiding or worse, we'll be killed before we can do such a thing."

After moments of silence, we came to an agreement.

"Then it's settled. We stay and destroy the Orb." Kina announced.

"Good, now let's destroy it." Gina suggested.

I wore a reluctant look. I still wanted to keep the Orb...just in case. So without my friends noticing, I hide the real orb and pulled out a false stone. I handed it over to Kina who threw it to the ground, shattering into a million pieces. We all looked at each other with satisfied smiles on our faces. There was a knock on the door. We scrambled to hide all of the pieces, and we managed to hide them all before the door opened to reveal Romanoff. "Ah, perfect. You're all together."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Fury wants you four in the lab. That's where Rogers, Stark, Banner, Coulson, and Fury are." She replied. "I'll show you the way."

With that we followed Romanoff to the lab where Rogers, a man with dark brown hair and a small beard, Banner, Coulson, and Fury were, just like she said. When we arrived, they all looked up in our direction.

"Thank you, Agent Romanoff." Fury said. "You may stay for this."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We want to run some tests on you, nothing harmful." Dr. Banner explained.

"And we want to know more about the four of you." Rogers added.

Well this should be a very long day then.