Chapter 41: Helping Sif

-January 3rd, 2014-

A year went by since I returned to Earth with my sister, Maya, and my padawan Hilna. I became part of Phil's new team along with Hilna and Maya, who were both level five agents. I quickly became a level seven agent thanks to Maria and Fury. Apparently I was level seven just like Kina, Gida, and Tarom since we helped in the Battle of New York and for all the hard work we've put in. I made sure to visit the Avengers to let them know I was alright. Skye was currently healing as she was severely wounded in the last mission we had. May had summoned the team into the briefing room.

"New orders. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s detecting massive energy readings in the skies above the California Nevada border." May informed us. 

"Where's Agent Coulson?" Ward questioned. 

"Taking personal time." May replied without look at him.

"That's a couple days straight." Ward commented, earning a glare from May.

"These are the same readings Dr. Selvig and Dr. Foster picked up in New Mexico and in London. They herald the arrival of an Asgardian." Jemma explained.

For some reason I wished it to be a certain someone, but I knew it couldn't be him...He's dead. Leo's face lit up. "Thor."

"Not sure. Either way, S.H.I.E.L.D. wants us to be the welcome wagon." May replied.

"O-okay. Fine. No cause for concern, right? Asgardians are allies." Leo commented.

"Loki wasn't." Ward shot back.

I clenched my jaw as I watched Ward walk out of the room. I felt Maya's hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry...I know how you felt for Loki."

Kina's eyes widened. "What? Oh Storm please tell me you don't feel anything for him."

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I turned to Kina. "It doesn't matter now anyways..."

"What happened?" Jemma asked as she wore a worried look.

"He's dead...Loki's gone." I managed to say before I broke down in tears.

Kina and the others wore sympathetic looks as Kina gave me a hug. Gida gently patted my back as she spoke. "I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Storm. We know that he was your first love."

Once I pulled away from the hug, thanking Kina, I turned to Gida with a hesitant look. I'm going to regret saying this, but I have to tell them eventually.

"Loki wasn't my first love..." I confessed.

Maya shook her head. "No, no...that's not possible. You were a Jedi Knight in the Old Republic like us."

"Exactly, we all agreed to follow the Order, including its rules." Kina chimed in.

"Well I'm sorry...I'm not like you who can control your feelings." I argued.

Maya crossed her arms as she wore a furious expression. "Tell us, right now."

"Should we leave?" Leo asked, sounding uncomfortable.

I sighed. "No, you guys can stay...Look it happened when I received that mission to protect the Diktat of Corellia along with my Master Stass Allie." 

"What's his name?" May inquired.

"His name was Koltav Catroe." I replied.

Their faces all fell and May quickly apologized. I waved it off. "You didn't know. Besides it seems to be a pattern with all the men I become romantically attached to..."

"Oh Storm...no wonder you were so distraught and different that year." Maya commented. "I'm furious that you didn't tell me though. I'm your sister, I felt your pain as well."