Chapter 35: Leaving Asgard

Hilna, Maya, Thor, and I made our way to Loki's cell. Once we reached his cell, we saw Loki standing in the middle looking rather well. Did anyone tell him that Frigga died? Loki was surprised to see Thor. "Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?"

"Loki, enough. No more illusions." Thor warned.

Loki glanced over at me as he wore a hesitant look. I gave him a small nod and suddenly the cell had changed from being all neat to a complete mess. Everything was thrown around the cell and in a corner sat Loki with his hair all messed up and dark circles under his eyes. Never mind...I think he knows of her death. My heart nearly tore apart. It pained me to see him like this.

"Now you see me, brother." Loki replied.

As we approached even closer to the cell, Loki continued to speak. "Did she suffer?"

"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." Thor informed him.

"Go on."

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance." Thor explained. "And afterward, this cell."

Loki chuckled. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

" I don't. Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you." Thor confessed. "You betray me and I will kill you."

I watched in anticipation for Loki's answer. Then after a few moments, a smile appeared on his face. "When do we start?"

After we let him out, he turned to Hilna and Maya with a puzzled look. "I don't believe we've met."

"This is Maya, my twin sister, and this is Hilna, my apprentice." I introduced them. "And this is Loki, he's..."

"I am her suitor." Loki said, cutting me off as he wore a smile. "Or as I have learned from by brother the Midgardians would say I am her boyfriend."

Hilna and Maya gave me teasing looks as I felt my cheeks turn red. I let out a small laugh. "Yeah. We're officially dating."

Thor then cleared his throat. "I am truly happy for you Lady Storm, but we must get going."

With that all five of us quickly walked out of the prison. As we walked through the hallways, Loki spoke up. "This is so unlike you, brother. So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?"

"If you keep speaking I just might." Thor retorted.

"Fine. As you wish. I'm not even here." Loki said before turning into an Asgardian guard. "Is this better?"

"It's better company at least." Thor replied.

"Still, we could be less conspicuous." Loki commented before turning back into himself. "You look ravishing."

I turned back around to see Sif where Thor was. I crossed my arms as I raised an eyebrow. I knew it was Thor as I heard his voice. "It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form."

Loki turned to me with a mischievous smile, but it faded when he saw the stern look I was giving him. "Very well. Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions, given that you seem to like them so much."

Loki changed Thor back to himself before he turned himself into Captain America. "Oh, this is much better. Whoa. The costume's a bit much, so tight. But the confidence, I can feel the righteousness surging. Hey, you wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor, patriotism? God bless Amer–"

I then noticed guards from the corner of my eye. But before I could do or say anything, Thor grabbed a hold of Loki, putting a hand over his mouth, pushing him against the wall, causing Loki turn back into himself. "What?"

We looked off to the side and it wasn't long until the two Asgardian guards walked past us. Once they were gone, Thor released Loki.

"You could at least furnish me with a weapon. My dagger, something!" Loki exclaimed.

Thor turned to look at Loki and I heard a noise of a sword being drawn. Loki released a sigh of relief. "At last, a little common sense."

Loki then looked down as his face turned into a frown. He then raised his hands to reveal iron handcuffs. Thor laughed. "And I thought you liked tricks."

As Thor turned to walk off, I couldn't help but to let out a small chuckle. Loki whipped around to face me. I wore a sheepish smile. "Come on. You gotta admit that was funny."

Loki sighed but cracked a smile. We finally met up with Jane and Sif. Jane looked over at Loki as she widened her eyes. "You're..." 

"I'm Loki. You may have heard of..." Loki began.

However his sentence was cut short as Jane slapped him across the face. "That was for New York."

I grinned. She's can stand up for herself like Padmé. A smile appeared on Loki's face before he looked over at Thor. "I like her."

"She reminds me of an old friend." Maya commented.

"How was she like?" Jane asked with an intrigued look.

"Padmé Amidala was rather brave, kind, intelligent, and fierce when she was messed with. She was one of the youngest Queens of Naboo." I informed her. "She was also one of my best friends."

At that moment we heard guards coming our way. Sif quickly spoke up. "I'll hold them off. Take her."

"Thank you." Thor said as he wore a look of gratitude.

Thor, Jane, and the others began to make their way to the ship when Loki was held back by Sif who drew her sword, placing it right under Loki's throat. I stayed behind to wait for Loki.

"Betray him and I'll kill you." Sif warned.

Loki chuckled. "It's good to see you too, Sif."

"Don't worry Sif, I'll keep an eye on him." I assured her.

"Much appreciated, Storm." Sif said with a smile. "Now go. The guards will be here in a minute."

Once we made our way towards Thor and the others, Loki spoke up. "Whose side are you even on?"

"You are on the same side as us, Loki. It is not my fault Thor's friends wish to kill you." I retorted.

"Well...it just seems that you're taking their side." Loki muttered.

"Loki, listen to me...I'll always be there by your side. But you've got to promise me not to pull any stunts like you did on Earth." I informed him.

Loki hesitated but nevertheless agreed. "Very well. I promise."

"You promise what?" I asked.

Loki sighed. "I promise to not pull any stunts like I did on Midgard."

I wore a satisfied smile. "Good. Now was that so hard?"

Loki remained silent as he gave me a sideways glare. I merely grinned before walking off to continue with our plan.