Chapter 28: I Can't Go Back

A/N: The picture above is Maya, Storm's twin sister. Hope you're all enjoying the story so far. Now without further ado, here's Chapter 28!

"You aren't dying today." I heard dad's voice. 

I opened my eyes and turned to see a ship hovering above the ground, and inside stood dad with an anxious look on his face. "Come on! Hurry! We're going to get you all out of here."

With that, Cassian, Jyn, and I made our way onto the ship as quickly as we possibly could. Once we were inside, the ship took off. I felt rather lightheaded, but I relieved to see the others such as Bodhi, Chirrut, Baze, Jinx, Dianya, and Alotren. However in that instant when they all turned towards me, I fell to the ground with a thud, falling unconscious.
•••
"Lady Storm cannot be dead!" I heard Thor's voice boom from behind me.

I turned to see Loki sitting on the ground of his cell with tears streaming down his cheeks underneath his dark circles that formed right below his eyes, and his hair was messy. I wanted to run up to him...to hug him, telling him I was alright. But I couldn't, I had to watch in agony.

"She spoke to me...she wasn't here entirely, but she informed me that there was a good chance she may not returned." Loki explained in a hushed whisper. "And it's been days since she last spoke to me."

Thor shook his head. "Lies...Lady Storm has disappeared for months. We haven't seen her since the battle on Midgard."

"I'm not lying to you this time. Storm can reach out to me through this thing called the Force and she visited me here a couple of times." Loki insisted.

Thor raised an eyebrow. "And since when do you care about Lady Storm?"

"I...I love her." Loki confessed, causing my jaw to drop. "But she left before I could tell her how I felt."

"Loki! I'm here!" I yelled as I sat up.

I then glanced around to see myself in the medical room where I was attached to IVs. Immediately several doctors rushed to my side to keep me from getting up. "General Ca'ana, you're wounded. Please lie back down."

"Loki...I need to get back to Loki." I urged, rather anxiously.

"Storm, you need to calm down." Maya's voice reached my ears.

I immediately turned to see Maya walking around as if nothing happened to her.

"Maya! You're already up and about?" I inquired rather shocked.

"It took me a week to heal." Maya informed me. "I'm all better thanks to the Healing Crystals of Fire."

I furrowed my brows. "Wait...what?"

"You've been out for nearly two weeks." She explained. "We were worried that you wouldn't wake up, but thank the Force you're awake. How are you feeling?"

My jaw dropped. I've been out for almost two weeks?!

"What? Two weeks?!" I repeated in disbelief.

Maya nodded. "Yes, we gave you some of the Healing Crystals to help speed up your healing process."

"I heard from Jinx that once you heard I was alive and in trouble, you were determined to find me and you never gave up along with Alotren, Jinx, and mom, and for that I'm grateful." Maya added with a smile.

"We're family, Maya. We would never get up on each other." I reminded her.

Maya's smile widened. "Thanks, sis."