Chapter 9: One More Chance

After that day, I refused to leave my room at all. I now had somewhat of control on my transformation of the Dathomirian Zabrak and Sith side of me. One day, there was a knock on my door. "Enter."

The door opened to reveal Kina, Gida, and  Tarom. I wore a guilty look as they approached me.

"Sorry about before." I apologized. "I didn't mean to destroy anything...I was just so angry. I don't know what's happening to me."

Kina placed a hand on my shoulder. "You're just frustrated, that's all."

"You'll feel better when we tell you our news." Tarom said.

"News?" I repeated.

"Fury's giving you one last chance to interrogate Loki." Gida informed me.

My eyes then widened. I hid my excitement as I spoke. "Why? What changed his mind?"

"Loki refuses to speak to anyone, even to his brother." Kina explained.

"He said that he will only speak to you, Storm." Tarom added. "No one else."

What? Me? For some reason this lifted up my spirits.

"You must've done something special in there." Gida commented. "Oh, and Fury will allow you to disable the cameras again if that's what will help you."

My smile widened. "Looks like I have luck on my side."

"Good luck, Storm. And may the force be with you." Kina said.

"Thanks, Kina. May the force be with you all as well." I replied before leaving my room.

I then made my way towards the room where Loki was behind held. As soon as I walked in, I turned off the cameras. Loki then turned around to face me.

"Storm! You're back." He said with a smile.

"Yeah, looks like they listened to you." I replied. "My friends...they told me what you did."

"You are the only one who fully understands me, Storm." Loki explained.

"But you haven't explained to me why." I pointed out.

He took a deep breath. "Just promise me you won't run."

"I promise." I assured him.

At that moment, Loki's skin turned from his usual pale complexion to a blue color with intricate markings. When he opened his eyes, they turned into a red color. I looked at him in awe.

"Do you find me repulsive to look at? Do I frighten you?" He asked as he kept his eyes on me.

I shook my head. "No, you're beautiful. You remind me of a species back home, they're called Chiss."

He seemed taken back by my answer. "Well, here in this galaxy I am a Frost Giant. I was taught hate the very thing I am, and then one day I discover that I'm not a true Asgardian...that I'm actually a Frost Giant..."

Loki then did something I didn't expect, tears came streaming down his cheeks. I placed a hand on the glass as I transformed into my Dathomirian Zabrak and Sith pureblood self.

"My kind were viewed as monsters, terrible creatures. Does that mean I'm a monster?" He questioned, sounding disgusted with himself.

"No, you are no monster. You are a person with emotions and feelings. You shouldn't be judged from the outside but rather within." I informed him, comforting him. "And if you say that you're a monster then so am I."

He then immediately shook his head as he placed both hands on the wall. "No Storm, you are no monster. On the contrary, you're beautiful."

My face heated up at his words, but I tried to cover it up by speaking. "Then you are no monster, Loki. You are a handsome man with feelings as anyone else."

His expression softened. "Thank you, Storm."

And then he then changed back to his normal self, and I did so as well. My smile widened. "You are very welcome. I'm glad someone understands me."

Loki then wore a smile, not a grin or smirk, but a genuine smile. For some reason my heart fluttered. But then I remembered my purpose here.

"Loki?"

"Yes Storm?"

"Can you tell me why you're doing this?" I inquired.

He was perplexed by my words and was rather hesitant on speaking. "...Well, it's rather complicated."

I crossed my arms. "Go on."

"I cannot go back on this...I have already made a deal with him." Loki confessed.

"He?" I repeated.

"I made a deal with Thanos and his servant, The Other." Loki began. "When I fell from Asgard...I was transported to this place called the Sanctuary. There, I was trained by Thanos in the ways of mind control."

"Who are these people?"

"Thanos is a powerful titan and warlord over a dark dimension and the Other is his servant." Loki replied.

"And what was the deal?" I asked.

Loki was rather hesitant. "He would provide me with the deadly army of the Chitauri. They will help me in conquering Earth...in exchange for the Tesseract. The powerful energy source."

"Why would you do such a thing?" I asked with a horrified look. "Loki, what fault do these people have? There are countless amount of innocent people whose lives will be lost if you continue with this deal...And I've seen enough lives lost from the clone wars...and the Jedi Purge..."

Loki released a sigh as he averted his gaze from me. "I was always in the shadow of Thor...who I believed was my brother. When I discovered he was going to be king instead of me...I was devastated...So when Thanos found me...I believed it to be a good deal at the time..."

"And now?" I inquired.

"And now...upon meeting you that perhaps it's not the best deal. But I cannot back out now."

I arched an eyebrow. "And why not?"

"Because the Other warned me that if I fail, Thanos will make me know a new kind of suffering." Loki explained. "Besides...I didn't have a choice, he did things to me...he tortured me."

I gasped. "That sounds awful..."

It sounds like he's caught in the middle. I can't imagine what he's gone through...it was something that I myself had gone through...well on a less conscious level. But it was then when I realized something. Maybe he wasn't as bad as he portrays himself to be with the others. Loki wore a bitter smile as he nodded. "You have no idea."

"Trust me, I just might know." I assured him.