Chapter 42: They Need Me

Phil, Sif, and I were going through the system to find files that would lead us to Lorelei. Currently Phil was trying to explain to us how it worked, but little did he know that this technology was pretty antique compared to what I've seen back home.

"These are files of every police report within 100 miles of where you arrived, everything from the last 48 hours. When you want to sift through the information, you just touch the..." Phil began, but trailed off upon seeing Sif work through it as though it was nothing.

"I'm familiar." Sif said, notifying him. 

"Oh..." Phil said in shock.

"It's an antiquated system we and other realms had ages ago." She explained.

Phil sighed before turning to me. "Storm, is this system considered ancient on your galaxy?" 

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Well...it's pretty basic compared to the technology back home."

"Great..." Phil sighed before speaking up, seeming worried. "You've visited other realms, seen different species...aliens. Have you ever encountered any that were...blue?"

Sif nodded. "Yes, of course."

"Which ones?" Phil inquired.

"Uh, Interdites, Levians, Pheragots, Kree, Sarks, Centaurians. The Frost Giants tried to conquer your Earth a millennia ago, but Asgard drove them away." Sif informed him.

"Oh. Well, thanks for that. And the others ...have any of them been here recently?" Phil questioned, sounding distressed.

Sif sighed before turning to Phil. "Rest easy Phillip, Son of Coul. None of the others have ever visited Earth."

"And Storm, you've seen many aliens as well. Blue ones, right?" Phil then asked me.

"Many, and before you ask only Kina, Gida, Tarom, Hilna, Maya, and me are the only ones from my galaxy who have visited Earth." I assured him. "Phil, is everything alright? You sound distressed."

Before Phil could say anything, there was a beeping sound from the system. We immediately turned to see a file consisting of robberies in jewels and a store of guns. Phil immediately pointed to it. "There! A robbery of jewels. And there, a gun-store robbery by guys on Harleys."

"It's happening faster than I feared. She's amassing men, gold, weaponry. Lorelei's building an army." Sif warned.

•••
After a day, Sif and I along with Kina and Maya captured Lorelei who now wore the collar. Sif was preparing to leave as she turned towards Phil and May with a sincere. "My apologies. The damage caused to your flying boat was unfortunate."

May shrugged. "It's seen worse."

"I assure you, Lorelei will be punished severely for the crimes against your people." Sif informed us.

"It must've been hard for you, after everything she's did...to move past it, to let it go." Phil commented.

Sif smiled. "Odin ordered her back alive. As one of his warriors, I bow to his will."

Phil raised an eyebrow. "Regardless of what it cost you?"

"Much like your S.H.I.E.L.D., we are bound by our code." Sif explained.

"Like we followed the Jedi Code until the Council fell..." I chimed in.

"You fought nobly, Storm. You are a valiant warrior." Sif commented with a smile.

I shrugged. "It's nothing."

"Yeah, she's also very modest." Phil added, giving me a teasing smile. "Come on Storm, you did well. Don't just blow it off."

"Give credit where it's due." Kina agreed.

I cracked a smile. "Thanks guys...I guess I'm a bit hard on myself at times."

Maya snickered. "Try almost every day."

From the corner of eye I saw May nodding, agreeing with Maya. I then lightly slapped Maya's arm before thanking Sif. She then placed a fist over her heart. "I am honored to have fought by your side."

Sif then turned to me. "Oh, I almost forgot. The Allfather wishes to see you."

"Me?" I asked rather baffled.

"Does everyone know who this Allfather is but me?" Phil questioned.

"Gida, Tarom, and I have never heard that name before." Kina commented.

"It's Odin, Thor's and Loki's father." I explained before turning to Sif. "Do you know why he wishes to see me?"

Sif shook her head. "No, he did not tell me. He only informed me that he wishes to see you as soon as you are available."

I glanced over at Hilna, Phil, May, and the rest of our team. I may not be available yet. I've got a feeling they're going to need me more than ever.

"I'm afraid I'm not currently available, but as soon as I've got nothing going on then I'll return to Asgard to talk to him." I explained.

Sif nodded. "Very well, I shall let him know. You know how to return to Asgard. I hope to see you soon."

She then turned to May and Phil, giving them a nod to which they returned the nod. Then Sif took Lorelei, leaving the bus. Once they left, Phil turned to me with a confused look. "You weren't currently assigned to any missions. Besides we would've let you take a few personal days to speak to Odin."

"Odin can wait, he will understand. Besides I have a feeling you guys will need me." I explained, causing them all to smile.

And sure enough I was right. Months went by and it was almost June of 2014. These past few months were quite rigorous and dangerous. I continued to help out in several missions, including the rescuing of hostages on the Lemurian Star. When S.H.I.E.L.D. was compromised, I helped Steve and Natasha retrieve intel that Fury left Steve and finding the Winter Soldier before teaming up with Maya, Kina, Gida, Tarom, Steve, Natasha, Sam, Maria, and Fury to enter the Triskelion and to make sure Project Insight wouldn't occur, killing the traitor of Alexander Pierce in the process. I also helped Phil and the others take down Garrett and his members of HYDRA at the Hub.

However when Victoria Hand went to the Fridge to deal with Garrett, which we later discovered was freed by Ward as he was also part of HYDRA, they both escaped and killed Victoria in the process. Now we were working undercover at our base we called the Playground. Antoine Triplett, Anne Weaver, Mack, Sam Koenig, Eric Koenig, Bill Koenig, LT Koenig, Lance Hunter, Bobbi Morse, and Isabelle Hartley were only the few names of people I've met and befriend before and after HYDRA took over S.H.I.E.L.D., destroying the entire organization and branding it a terrorist organization in only a matter of days. Currently I was in my room, mediating. After the fall of S.H.E.I.L.D., I had changed my hairstyle, cutting it short. Then all of the sudden, I heard a familiar voice calling out my name. "Storm...Storm..."

My face lit up as I immediately recognized the voice. "Loki?"