Chapter 10: Time Bomb

Days went by and I spent more and more of my time with Loki. I began to feel something towards this Frost Giant, but I wasn't sure what is was. We spoke of many things such as that he's an Asgardian prince. And I in return spoke of my siblings and how my mother was part of the Echani Command on Eshan before becoming senator for the Galactic Republic, until it fell. He spoke of Asgard, while I spoke of the many planets that I had seen.

When I was asked if I had received any information, I told them about Thanos and the Other, who no one knew about except for Thor. Currently I was in the lab with Bruce and Tony. We were inspecting Loki's scepter, when we had to wait to sweep for the signature. We're so close to finding the Tesseract. And while we waited we discovered some hidden files called Phase 2. That's when Fury walked in rather pissed off as he didn't seeing us working on the scepter.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Fury asked with a stern tone.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony retorted.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Fury reminded us.

"We are." Bruce informed him. "The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now."

"When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." I assured him.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Tony added before turning his screen to show the files we were looking at. "What is Phase two?"

It was then when Steve arrived, dropping a weapon on the table. Steve looked pissed off as he stormed over to us. "Phase two is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..." Fury began, but was interrupted by Tony.

"I'm sorry, Nick." Tony said as he revealed a file consisting of plans of various weapons. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve confessed.

At that moment, Thor, Kina, Gida, Tarom, and Natasha walk into the lab rather confused to what was happening. Bruce wore a furious expression as he looked at Natasha. "Did you know about this?"

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha offered.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce retorted.

"Loki's manipulating you." Natasha informed him, causing me to shake my head.

"He...he's just misunderstood." I informed them.

Tony scoffed. "Misunderstood...he's killed plenty of people. How in the hell is he misunderstood?!"

"Thanos got to him, Tony!" I began to protest.

Then many arguments began to break out at once as Bruce fired back at Natasha. "And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha replied.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce demanded.

Fury then pointed at Thor. "Because of him."

Thor wore a stunned expression. "Me?"

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly...hilariously, outgunned." Fury explained.