Chapter 39: Greenwich

We made our way to Greenwich where I helped set up Erik's gadgets outside around the library. It wasn't long until Malekith's ship appeared on the river near us, crashing onto the grounds. Once Malekith and his dark elves stepped off the ship, Hilna, Maya, Thor, and I reached Malekith. 

"You needn't have come so far, Asgardians!" Malekith spat. "Death would have come to you soon enough." 

He thought we were Asgardians? Well...that's interesting. Hilna, Maya, and I took out our lightsabers.  

"Not by your hand!" Thor retorted. 

"Your universe was never meant to be. Your world and your family will be extinguished." Malekith warned.

"You underestimate us, dark elf!" I rebuked. "If you strike us down, we shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Malekith wore a sinister smile. "You'll put up quite a fight, Asgardian but for how long?"

"Long enough for you to stop calling me Asgardian!" I shot back as I used the force to push him back.

However Malekith shielded himself with the Aether. Damn it! Malekith then retaliated by used the Aether to attack us, but we dodged it just in time. He tries to hit us again, but Thor deflected it with his hammer while we use our lightsabers. Thor wore a smug look after Malekith slammed him to the ground. "You know with all that power, I thought you would hit harder."

Malekith is using the Aether to shield himself suddenly Thor throws his hammer at him which throws Malekith across the ground and smashes him against the library building] I noticed Jane rushing back to Erik, so I decided to check to see their progress.

"The Convergence will be in full effect in seven minutes." Erik explained as I approached them.

"That just means we have to keep Malekith busy for eight." Jane replied. 

"Leave that to us." I assured her. 

While Thor took care of Malekith, Hilna, Maya, and I took care of the other elves. They weren't hard to fight, unlike Malekith they didn't put up much a fight against us. As we fought, some of the dark elves suddenly disappear. I wore a relieved look. Erik's gadgets work. As we continued to fight the dark elves, I changed into my original form, allowing my skin to turn red with the black markings and my eyes turned yellow. Once we finished fighting the elves, we returned to Erik and Jane to see the Convergence coming closer. I had changed back to my human and Echani form before approaching them. Malekith readied the Aether as he extended his arms out. I glanced around to see Thor nowhere. Where's Thor? At that moment, Thor approached us.

"Thor! We're too late." Jane informed him.

"The Convergence is at its peak." Erik explained as he held spears in his hands.

Thor glanced over at the spears. "Can those things stop him?"

"Not from here." Erik replied. 

"We can't get close enough." Jane added. 

At that moment, Thor looked over at Jane. "I can."  

Thor grabbed the spears from Erik. I took a step forth. "Allow me to help."

Thor was reluctant. "How strong are you?"

"Stronger than I look." I informed him. "The Force is strong with me."

Thor raised in an eyebrow. "I don't follow."

"It means I'm strong enough to do this." I reiterated. 

Thor nodded giving me one of the spears. "Very well. If you are sure."

I then turned towards Hilna and Maya. "You two stay behind with Jane and the others."

"But Master-" Hilna began to protest.

"You stay behind. That's an order, Hilna." I demanded.

Hilna shut her mouth but nevertheless nodded. With that I rushed off towards Malekith along with Thor. We pushed through the Aether with some difficulty before reaching Malekith. We yelled out his name in anger. "Malekith!"

Malekith whipped around to face us. "Darkness returns, Asgardian. Have you come to witness the end of your universe?"

"I've come to accept your surrender." Thor replied as he threw one of the spears and Malekith stupidly caught it. 

His arm began to disappear so I quickly threw the other spear, which he caught, making his other arm disappear. He became furious. "You think you can stop this? The Aether cannot be destroyed."

"But you can." Thor shot back.

Thor then summoned his hammer as he rushed towards Malekith, using his hammer to throw Malekith onto the ship. I contributed by using the Force to keep him there long enough for Jane to transport him back Svartalfheim. I glanced around to see Thor on the ground, completely unconscious. At that moment Malekith's ship began to crumble. 

"Thor! No!" Jane yelled as she rushed over to Thor's side, trying to get him up.

The ship began to fall towards us. Realizing that it would crush us, I extended my hands out and used the Force to keep it from falling us. However after a while it became tedious. But luckily for me the ship disappeared at the last moment, probably transporting itself to Svartalfheim. I hoped it crushed Malekith. Erik, Hilna, and the others then rushed over to us. I fell to my knees as I used a lot of energy.

"Everybody okay?" Erik asked. 

I nodded. At that moment Thor opened his eyes, causing us all to wear relieved looks. At that moment Darcy threw her arms around Ian, who I learned was Darcy's assistant, and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

Erik's words caused me to chuckle. "I had no idea you had that power."

I shrugged. "It's nothing. It's something every Jedi can do."

"Not every Jedi, sister." Maya chimed in. "She's quite powerful for a Jedi."

"Jedi?" Darcy repeated after she stopped making out with Ian. "From Star Wars?"

I furrowed my brows. Why does everyone from Earth keep saying that? First Tony, then Bruce and Phil, and now Darcy? What in the name of the galaxies is Star Wars?!

"What's Star Wars?" I questioned. "Everyone keeps telling me that."

"Oh we'll be here for a long while." Jane commented.