Chapter 6: Thor

When Rogers and I landed, we found many trees destroyed and on the ground. Just as Stark and the man were about to fight again, Rogers threw the shield, stopping them both before the shield returned to him. I stood beside him as he approached the men.

"Enough!" Rogers shouted. "Now I don't know what or why you're here..."

"I'm here for Loki!" The man boomed.

"Prove it. Put down the hammer." Rogers ordered.

"Uh, bad idea." Stark chimed in. "He loves that hammer of his."

The man then hit Stark with his hammer, sending him back onto the ground with he wore a furious look.

"You want me to put the hammer down?!" He yelled as he ran towards Rogers.

Rogers then quickly grabbed me and protected us with his shield, which threw the man back towards the ground, causing damage all around us. However thank the Force that Rogers and I remained unharmed.

"You alright, Storm?" Rogers asked as he lowered his shield.

I nodded. "...Yeah. You're shield's rather powerful, Rogers."

Rogers chuckled. "Yeah, that it is. And please Storm, call me Steve."

"If you insist." I replied with a nod.

At that moment, Stark and the man approached us. I then crossed my arms. "Are you done fighting now?"

The man nodded. "Yes, I'm done."

"Who are you anyways?" I asked.

"I am Thor Odinson." The man said, introducing himself. "Brother of Loki."

"Loki's your brother?" Steve asked rather baffled.

Stark chuckled. "Small world."

"And you all are?" Thor asked.

"Steve Rogers."

"I'm Tony Stark."

"And I'm Storm Ca'ana. Should we be returning to the jet?" I suggested.

They all nodded. Thor then grabbed Loki and we headed towards the jet. Stark contacted Romanoff to land the jet, and so we were on the jet towards the helicarrier.

"Got everything taken care of?" Romanoff asked as soon as we were in the air.

"We merely had a little misunderstanding, that's all." I assured her.

Steve and Stark were talking to each other next to Romanoff, while Thor sat next to Loki. Rather bored, I used the Force to levitate a silver coin that must be the currency of this planet. However I stopped using the force when I saw something unusual happen. My hands began to turn red, the same color as Jinx's skin when I last saw her. No...it can't be.

"Our father was a Sith pureblood and a Dathomirian Zabrak. It's why my skin can turn red. And you can do it as well. It's no lie, dear sister. We have Sith, Dathomirian, and Zabrak blood running in our veins."

Her words still echoed in my head. I then remembered the incident I had when I touched Savage's spear on Devaron. My hand turned red, which I didn't understand then. No, I can't be part of the Sith pureblood or a Dathomirian Zabrak. I'm an Echani and a human. That's all, nothing more and nothing less. Seeing as though my skin wasn't turning to its normal color. I hid my hands in my sleeves, and just to be sure, I threw the hood of my robes up.

"Storm, are you alright?" Kina asked me.

Steve, Stark, Thor, Gida, Tarom, and even Loki looked at me upon hearing Kina's words. I didn't want to be the center of attention, not now.

"I'm fine, I just want to return to the helicarrier." I assured her as kept my head down and my hands covered.

••••
We arrived in the morning, several of Fury's troops took Loki inside, while Steve, Romanoff, Stark, Kina, and I went to the main room where Dr. Banner was. Tarom had accompanied Gida to the medical room. We watched a video of Loki, who was in a giant cage. Fury was in the same room as him as he spoke to Loki.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass, it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? Ant, boot." Fury said as he pointed towards the machine that held the cage locked.

"It's an impressive cage, not built I think for me." Loki commented.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury retorted.

Loki wore a small smile. "Oh I've heard. A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury rebuked as he glared at Loki.

"It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share." Loki scoffed as he looked around. "And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." Fury merely said before leaving Loki.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Dr. Banner asked, snapping my attention away from the video.

"He sounds wonderful." I replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Loki's gonna drag this out." Steve commented. "So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people." Thor explained. "They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army from outer space." Steve said.

"The Chitauri?" Kina inquired. "I've never heard of such an army. Have you Storm?"

I shook my head. "Never heard of it."

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Dr. Banner commented.

"Selvig?" Thor asked, as though he knew the man.

"He's an astrophysicist." Banner clarified. 

"He's a friend." Thor corrected.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Romanoff explained.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve pointed out.

"Sounds like he's got something up sleeve." I added.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him." Dr. Banner commented.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard." Thor said, defending Loki. "And he is my brother."

Despite him doing all of this, he seems to still care for him. I thought back to Jinx who killed Maya. Do I still care for her?

"He killed 80 people in two days." Romanoff argued.

"He's adopted." Thor replied.

"You should start a club of people who have villains as their siblings." Gida teased, joking around.

I glared at Gida who immediately put her hands in the air. "It was meant to be a joke."

"You have a brother who is like Loki?" Thor asked me.

"I have an older sister, Jinx. And well...she's killed many lives, including Jedi, and of my twin sister, Maya..." I trailed off.

"That is awful. You have my apologies." Thor said as he wore a sympathetic smile.

I shook it off. "It's all right, it's not your fault."

"That is some evil sister you have." Thor added. "I cannot imagine having a sister like yours."

"You have no idea." Kina chimed in.