Chapter 27: Your Father Would Be Proud Of You

"I'm sorry, Cassian. His death will not be in vain." I assured him.

Cassian nodded before contacted Bodhi. "Bodhi? Are you there? Have you got the switch?"

"I can't get to the shuttle, I can't plug in!" Bodhi exclaimed in frustration.

"You have to! They have to hit that gate. If the shield's open, we can send the plans!" Cassian insisted.

Once Cassian finished speaking to Cassian, Jyn took out her blaster.

"Step back." Jyn urged.

She then blasted the window open. We then began to climb. Jyn was the first to grab it, but nearly fell, scaring us to death.

"Careful! You okay?" Cassian asked her with a worried look.

Jyn managed to nod. However we were not completely out of danger yet as Cassian shot at the window. I glanced back to see stormtroopers with a man in a white suit. "Who's he?"

"Krennic, Director of Advanced Weapons Research for the Imperial military." Jyn explained with hatred quite strong in her voice. "My father worked for him."

"Get moving!" Cassian urged. "Keep going!"

Jyn and I hastily climbed up as the stormtroopers began shooting at us. Krennic then shot at Cassian, causing him to fall down onto a railing.

"Cassian!" Jyn called out.

"Jyn, we have to keep going." I urged. "Cassian will be alright."

Once we reached the top, we saw ships fighting in the sky. We quickly walked over to one of the computers, placing the plans inside, however before we could transfer them a female voice spoke up. "Reset antenna alignment. Reset antenna alignment. Reset antenna alignment. Reset antenna alignment."

"Stay here, I'll go." Jyn volunteered.

Once she reset the antenna, she returned after nearly falling from the railing that a ship destroyed.

"You alright?" I asked.

Jyn nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

At that moment, Krennic approached us with a blaster pointed in our direction. "Who are you?"

"You know who I am. I'm Jyn Erso. Daughter of Galen and Lyra." Jyn replied.

"And I'm Storm Ca'ana. You've lost, Krennic." I retorted.

"Oh, I have, have I?" Krennic asked, mockingly.

"My father's revenge. He built a flaw in the Death Star. He put a fuse in the middle of your machine and I've just told the entire galaxy how to light it." Jyn explained.

"The shield is up, your signal will never reach the rebel base. All you ships in here will be destroyed. I lose nothing but time. You on the other hand die with the Rebellion." Krennic retorted. "Just like your precious orb."

He then raised an orb that resembled the Orb of Passage. That's quite odd. I then pulled out my locket and opened it to find the orb gone. My face fell. It must've fallen out when we were climbing up. Krennic wore a smug look. "Oh are you looking for this, Jedi?"

"Give that back to me!" I exclaimed in an anxious tone.

"I don't think so!" Krennic spat.

At that moment he then crushed the orb in his hand before throwing the pieces to the ground. My heart dropped as I lunged towards him, using the Force to push him back onto computers. He was wounded, but still conscious. A million emotions ran through me at once as I glared at him. "Why you little piece of-"

"Storm." Jyn cut me off as she grabbed my arm. "Stop. Stop it! He still has the blaster!"

Krennic then aimed his blaster towards Jyn, I immediately pushed her out of the way, taking the hit on my side. I fell down to my knees as a cry escaped my lips. I placed a hand on the wound to find lots of blood. Before Krennic could do anything else, he was hit by a blast that came from Cassian. Immediately Jyn rushed over to the computer to transfer the plans to the Rebellion.

"Transmitting. Transmitting. Transmission received." The female voice informed.

Jyn then turned to see was about to lunge towards Krennic, when Cassian held her back. "Hey, leave it. Leave it. That's it. That's it."

"You alright?" Cassian then asked me as Jyn helped me up.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's nothing."

"Alright. Let's go." Cassian suggested.

As Jyn helped Cassian, I slowly trudged behind them, forcing myself to continue walking despite how painful it was.

"Do you think, anybody is listening?" Cassian inquired.

"I do. Someone's out there." Jyn replied.

We then reached the elevator. We made our way out of the base and we finally sat by the shore on the beach. We saw the Death Star above us, which was responsible for the destruction headed towards us. This was it...we couldn't escape our fate. We were going to die.

"This reminds me of where I grew up. I was born in the city of Tyrena on the planet Corellia by the beautiful golden beaches." I mentioned, trying to make our last moments more happy and tranquil as I possibly could.

"I wish I could've seen it." Jyn replied. "Sounds peaceful."

"Me too. I'm honored to have known you, General Ca'ana." Cassian commented.

"My friends call me, Storm." I insisted. "And it's an honor to have known you both. I hope this will help the Rebellion win."

"It will, Storm. I know so." Jyn assured me.

Cassian then turned towards Jyn. "Your father would be proud of you, Jyn."

Cassian, Jyn, and I hugged each other, bracing ourselves for the impact. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the destruction. I thought about my family in my last thoughts and about Loki. I'm terribly sorry I broke my promise, Loki. I hope you'll be able forgive me.