Chapter 37: Svartalfheim

"I'm glad you're pleased. Now, do as you promised. Take us to your secret pathway." Thor ordered. 

Loki smiled before taking over the ship. Thor then turned to Fandral a ship found us. "Fandral."

"Right." Fandral replied as he picked up a rope before walking towards the edge of the ship. "For Asgard!"

He then jumped off the ship, swinging over to the Asgardian ship that had spotted us. "Nothing personal, boys!"

Fandral then knocked out three guards on the ship before turning towards us, giving us a salute. Loki then flew us towards the mountains.

"Loki!" Thor yelled.

"If it were easy everyone would do it." Loki replied.

"Are you mad?" Thor questioned.

Loki shrugged. "Possibly."

"I think he's lost it." Hilna commented.

Thor rushed towards Jane and held onto her. Before Loki heads straight for the mountain, he turns to me. "Do you trust me?" 

His sudden question left me surprised, but I nodded. "Yes, I trust you."

A smile appeared on his lips before he turned around, heading right through the mountain, and entering a portal as we arrived at a desolate planet which I'm assuming is Svartalfheim.

"Ta-da!" Loki exclaimed.

I looked at him in awe. "That was incredible!"

"Incredible? He almost killed us!" Maya exclaimed.

"I almost killed you." Loki reminded her. "Yet here we are."

As we fly over Svartalfheim, I decided to get some rest. My eyes fluttered open as I heard Thor's and Loki's conversation.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." Loki commented.

"It would consume you." Thor warned him.

"She's holding up alright, for now." Loki replied.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor rebuked.

"Say goodbye." Loki said.

"Not this day." Thor protested. "Besides isn't your beloved Storm mortal as well? She'll age like Jane."

My heart sunk at his words. Yes I would eventually age, but slower than normal humans would. I hadn't even given that much thought...I had been terribly busy.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heart beat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you." Loki shot back. "And for the record, Storm isn't Jane. She is different than your precious human from Midgard."

"And will that satisfy you?" Thor questioned.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

"Surrender not in mine."

"The son of Odin." Loki mocked.

"No, not just of Odin! You think you alone were loved of mother?" Thor inquired. "You had her tricks, but I had her trust!"

"Trust." Loki scoffed. "Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!"

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor shot back.

I glanced over to see Thor and Loki next to each other with furious expressions. And it only got worse as I continued to watch.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Loki snapped.