Chapter 36: She's A Pilot

Once we reached the abandoned ship that Malekith left, we found Volstagg five feet in front of the ship.

"I will give you as much time as I can." Volstagg informed us.

"Thank you, my friend." Thor said as he gave Volstagg a forearm shake.

Volstagg gave us smiles as we passed by, but stopping Loki no doubt to warn him that if he betrays Thor, he shall kill him. I tried not to laugh when I heard Loki's response. "You'll kill me? Evidently there will be a line."

Loki wore an intrigued look when he noticed I let out a chuckle. "That was clever."

Loki wore a proud look as a smile lit up on his face. Once we boarded the ship, Thor began to randomly press buttons with a look of uncertainty.

"I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing." Loki commented.

"I said, 'how hard could it be?'" Thor corrected.

At that moment, we heard guards outside the ship yelling. "They're on the ship!"

"Well, whatever you're doing, brother, I suggest you do it faster." Loki advised.

"Shut up, Loki." Thor shot back before he frantically continues to press any and every single button on the the ship.

"You must have missed something." Loki suggested.

"No, I didn't, I'm pressing every button on this thing." Thor protested.

"No, don't hit it, just press it gently." Loki replied.

"I am pressing it gently. It's not working!" Thor exclaimed as he slammed on the buttons.

At that moment the ship turned on, causing Thor to let out a victorious laugh. As Thor tried to control the ship, he hit several of the columns in the palace. I sighed. Great, we're definitely going to get killed before we can even get off of Asgard.

"I think you missed a column." Loki informed him.

"Shut up!" Thor shot back.

After a while, the ship finally lifted up through the walls and now we were out of the palace. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Look, why don't you let me take over, I'm clearly the better pilot." Loki advised.

"Is that right? Well, out of the two of us which one can actually fly?" Thor questioned with an amused look.

Loki shut his mouth, but then he glanced over at me and his lips grew into a grin. "How about Storm? She's a pilot."

Thor raised an eyebrow. "Really? Is that true, Lady Storm?"

"Yeah...I've been a pilot since I was eight." I replied. "There isn't anything I can't fly."

Loki wore a smug look. "You see? I suggest she flies this ship as I know she won't get us all killed in the process."

Thor glared at Loki before looking over at me. "Can you fly this?"

"I mean I've never flown this a ship made by dark elves..." I rambled on but stopped upon seeing Thor's stern glare.

I know he wasn't pissed with me but with Loki and he tried to keep it in so he wouldn't make things worse. So I quickly added. "Yeah, give me a few minutes and I can figure it out."

"We don't have quite a lot of time. But if you believe you can do it...then I trust you." Thor replied.

"Thank you. I won't let you down, Thor." I assured him.

It took some adjusting as I tried to figure out what the stars each button was for. As we flew over Asgard, Jane then collapsed.

"Oh, dear. Is she dead?" Loki asked with nonchalant tone.

Thor immediately whipped around. "Jane."

"You alright?" I asked as Maya approached Jane's side.

Jane weakly raised her head. "I'm okay."

"Hilna stay with Jane and Maya." I urged.

Hilna nodded. "Of course, Master."

As we continued to fly, the ship accidentally broke off a piece of a huge building. I mentally groaned as I moved away from the buildings in an attempt to not crash into anything else.

"Not a word." Thor warned, causing Loki to shut his mouth.

It wasn't long until several Asgardian ships began to follow us. And that's when Loki thought it would be a fantastic idea to commentate everything that was happening.

"Now they're following us." Loki commented. "Now they're firing at us!"

"Yeah, thank you for the commentary, Loki!" Thor shot back. "It's not at all distracting!"

"Oh no. Not at all." I chimed in with a sarcastic tone.

I had then become distracted that I didn't see the huge stone monument, and I accidentally broke off the head. I wore a sheepish look. "Sorry, I didn't see the monument there because someone was distracting."

"Well done, you just decapitated Thor's grandfather." Loki informed me.

I wore a horrified look at his words. "Oh my stars! I'm so sorry Thor."

"It's alright. Besides it's not entirely your fault." Thor replied, glaring at Loki.

I continued to fly the ship as Asgard's ships trailed behind us, shooting the ship. Almost there...just a little further.

"You know this is wonderful. This is a tremendous idea. Let's steal the biggest, most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that." Loki commented. "Flying around the city, smashing into everything in sight so everyone can see us. It's brilliant, Thor! It's truly brilliant!"

"He's here, Thor." I informed him.

Thor nodded before shoving Loki off the ship. I gasped. "Thor! You could've at least told him part of the plan!"

Thor shrugged. "The less he knows the better."

Thor then picked Jane up before jumping off the flying ship. Hilna, Maya, and I also jumped right behind them, landing on Fandral's small ship. I glanced around to see Thor, Jane, and Loki all on the ship. I sighed in relief upon seeing Loki. Fandral let out a laugh. "I see your time in the dungeons has made you no less graceful, Loki."

We looked up to see the Asgardian ships continue to follow and shoot at Malekith's ship, taking the bait. I smiled. "It worked. They took the bait."

"Of course they would." Fandral chimed in. "Those guards aren't the smartest."

Loki looked over at us as he wore a look of awe. "You lied to me. I'm impressed."