Chapter 8: Interrogation

"So they sent you to interrogate me next?" Loki asked with an amused look.

I sat down on a chair right beside his cage. I said nothing, but instead I disabled on the security cameras with the force. Loki seemed to notice this as he wore confused look. "Why?"

"So we can talk without the others knowing." I replied, trying to gain his trust.

He then chuckled. "You're intriguing. Quite different from the rest."

"I'm not from around here." I shrugged.

He wore a mysterious smile with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "If you want to earn my trust. Why don't you tell me more about yourself. I hardly even know your name."

He had a point, but I want to be careful as well. Thor warned me about his tricks and illusions. I'll just have to carefully work my way through this. And perhaps use the Jedi mind trick if all else fails.

"You have a point there. Well my name is Storm Ca'ana. I'm a Jedi Knight, and I am from the planet Corellia." I began. "I can grab my lightsaber without touching it since I am force sensitive."

"Force sensitive?" He repeated.

"It's someone who can control the force, which is all around us." I explained.

"And your friends?"

"They are also Jedi Knights, except for the tall gray skinned woman. She's a Jedi Master."

"You must be extremely powerful to be able to control this force." Loki commented.

"Not as powerful as the Grand Master Yoda or as some of the Sith." I replied.

"Sith?"

"They use the dark side of the force, while we Jedi use the light side." I said as he listened with much curiosity. "And I am an Echani and a human. The Echani are skillful warriors with silver eyes and usually they have a pale complexion."

"I have never heard of these people or of any of this." Loki replied as he narrowed his eyes.

It was then when I felt heat rise up in my hands. I quickly looked down and gasped. My hands were turning red. I hastily covered them as I stood.

"You're doing the same thing you did when we were on that flying ship." Loki observed as he stood up and walked towards the edge of the cage to face me.

Before I could hide my face with my hood, his eyes widened. I then knew by the look of his face that he saw my skin and yellow eyes. I lowered my eyes as I spoke. "Go ahead and laugh. Mock me if you must. I understand I'm a monster...I deserve it."

"Storm, look at me." He replied, shockingly in a soft tone.

I hesitated before looking up at him. He had a sincere look on his face. "You are not a monster, Storm. Do not say that."

Tears filled my eyes. "But the very thing I am is what people fear and are taught to hate."

Loki then placed a hand on the cage wall. "I understand you, Storm. You are actually the first to understand."

Unconsciously I placed a hand over Loki's hand. It seemed as though the wall wasn't there, separating us in that moment. "You understand?"

He nodded. "I do, I understand because-"

The moment didn't last as Gida approached us before Loki could finish his sentence. This caused him to glare at her. Gida paid no attention to him as she only looked at me with a worried look. "Fury is looking for you. And he wants you to turn the cameras back on."

My skin must've turned back to its normal color as Gida approached me like nothing. I sighed as I turned them back on. I glanced over at Loki, giving him a smile before leaving. And surprisingly, I received a small smile in return. Gida and I then approached the main room where Fury, Coulson, Thor, Steve, Romanoff, Kina, and Tarom were. Fury wore a furious look as he saw me.

"Do you mind telling me why the hell you disabled the cameras while you were interrogating Loki?" Fury asked.

"I had to make him think I was on his side." I explained. "There's no way he would've trusted me had I not done that."

"And do you know anything?" Steve asked.

"Not exactly, you sent Gida before I could fully get his trust." I retorted.

"That's it! You are no longer interrogating Loki or seeing him again." Fury ordered.

What? That's unfair, I was merely using my tactics to use to get information out of him!

"That's unfair, and you know it!" I snapped.  "I merely used my tactics!"

"In case you have forgotten you are no longer on your planet! You're here on Earth!" He rebuked.

My anger was boiling so much that without knowing I bent the table in half. I clenched my teeth. "Believe me, I know kriffing well where I am."

"Storm!" Kina exclaimed. "Stop! Stop it, Storm! Your anger is consuming you. Remember the Jedi code-"

"There is no Jedi code!" I snapped out of anger. "That died along with the other Jedi, including my own sister!"

"Storm, please stop. You're scaring us." Gida then said in a gentle voice yet I could sense the fear in her voice.

I then turned around to see Kina, Gida, and Tarom all surprised to see me like this. They've never seen me like this. I took a step back as I realized what I had done. I had nearly destroyed everything in the room, shocking everyone. What was happening to me? Horrified with how I was dealing with this situation, I hastily ran off into my room, shutting the door behind me. I'm not myself. I can't control what's happening to me, but I need to if not I'll turn into Jinx.