Chapter 19: Saw's Rebels

While walking through the passageways, Jinx and I ended up losing Cassian, Jyn and K-2SO. We walked until we saw an opening leading towards a clearing with multiple stormtroopers. Before the opening stood Chirrut.

"Chirrut." I called out.

He then looked over in our direction. "You both are Jedi, aren't you?"

I glanced over at Jinx, who was afraid of what I would say about her. "Yeah...we were until the Jedi Order fell."

"Once a Jedi always a Jedi." Chirrut replied. "As long as the Force is around you then you're still Jedi."

Jinx then gave me a surprised look, I turned away from Chirrut and towards my sister as I whispered. "Don't say I never did anything good for you."

At that moment we heard voices. "Halt! Stop right there!"

I carefully peered through the opening to see Cassian, Jyn, and K-2SO surrounded by many stormtroopers.

"Where are you taking these prisoners?" One of the stormtroopers asked K-2SO.

"These are prisoners." K-2SO agreed.

Jinx groaned. "They're so screwed."

"Yes. Where are you taking them?" The stormtrooper asked.

"I am taking them...to imprison them. In prison." K-2SO explained.

I mentally facepalmed. "This droid's going to get them killed."

"He's taking us to..." Cassian began.

However K-2SO slapped Cassian across the face, surprising both Jinx and me.

"Quiet! And there's a fresh one if you mouth off again!" K-2SO snapped.

"We'll take them from here." The stormtrooper informed him.

"That's okay. If you could just point me in the right direction, I can take them, I'm sure. I've taken them this far..." K-2SO trailed off upon seeing a couple of stormtroopers placing cuffs on Cassian and Jyn. We watched in horror as their plan failed.

"Hey, wait a second." Cassian said, trying to resist.

"Take them away." The stormtrooper ordered before turning to K-2SO. "Hey, droid. You can't take them away! You stay here. We need to check your diagnostics."

"Diagnostics? I'm capable of running my own diagnostics, thank you very much." K-2SO scoffed.

"We've got to help them." I advised.

"And so we shall." Chirrut agreed.

The three of us then made our way towards them. Chirrut stood in front of us. "Let them pass in peace! Let them pass in peace."

Jinx and I stood back as the stormtroopers pointed their blasters at us. However Chirrut continued walking towards them with his staff. "The Force is with me, and I am with the Force. And I fear nothing, for all is as the Force wills it."

"Hey! Stop right there!" One stormtrooper commanded.

"He's blind." Another said.

"Is he deaf?" The first stormtrooper asked. "I said: Stop right there!"

Chirrut abruptly stopped before moving out of the way, causing one stormtrooper to hit another stormtrooper. As soon as he began to fight them off, Jinx and I joined in, fighting off the rest.

"Reminds you of old times, huh?" Jinx asked.

"Yes before you became a Sith." I rebuked as I struck another stormtrooper.

"Why must you continue to use that against me?" She asked before taking down three stormtroopers.

"Because one does not simply leave the Jedi Order like that to become a Sith, Jinx! A Sith! Out of all things, Jinx!" I spat before taking down more stormtroopers.

"You don't understand! Like I said it was complicated! Besides I accepted I made a mistake and I fixed it by helping the Rebellion. I'm sorry, is that not enough?!" Jinx questioned, becoming livid.

"What would make you so damn desperate for you to turn to the dark side?" I asked.

"You!" Jinx blurted out, causing me to stop and turn towards her.

I was dumbfounded by what she said. I wasn't expecting it at all. Then more stormtroopers arrived but before we could do anything, someone rapidly shot all the stormtroopers. We turned around to see that it came from the man who was behind Chirrut when we first met him.

"You almost shot me." Chirrut scolded.

"You're welcome." Baze retorted.

"Who's he?" I asked.

"He is Baze Malbus." Chirrut said as he sat down. "My friend and former guardian."

"You're protectors of the Kyber Temple, aren't you?" I asked. "My Jedi Master was fascinated in learning all that you guys would do."

"We are the Guardians of the Whills." Chirrut confirmed.

"Were." Baze corrected.

"Your Jedi Master sounds quite wonderful." Chirrut commented.

I nodded. "She was..."

At that moment, K-2SO spoke as he, Cassian, and Jyn came out from where they were hiding. "Clear of hostiles!"

Upon seeing K-SO, Baze then aimed his blaster at him. K-2SO then raised his in the air. "One hostile!"

"Don't shoot!" I shouted.

"He's with us." Jyn added as she moved in front of him.

"They're all right." Chirrut said, causing Baze to lower his blaster.

K-2SO immediately apologized at once. "Cassian, I'm sorry about the slap."

"Go back to the ship. Wait for my call." Cassian ordered.

Once he left, Cassian turned towards us. "Is he a Jedi?"

"There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." Baze replied.

"The Force did protect me." Chirrut argued.

"I protected you." Baze protested.

"And besides you're wrong. There are two Jedi here." Chirrut pointed out.

"How do you know they're Jedi?" Cassian asked with a look of awe.

"Because they're strong with the force." Chirrut explained.

"Can you get us to Saw Gerrera?" Jyn then asked.

I then sensed the partisans of Saw Gerrera before anyone else. "They've found us."

"Who?" Jyn asked.

Before I could respond, the partisans surrounded us. Chirrut tried reasoning with them. "Can't you see we are no friends of the Empire?"

The partisans continued to bind our wrists with rope as they remained by our sides. One of them spoke in a different language yet I was able to understand him.

"Tell that to the one who killed our men." He said, referring to Cassian.

"Anyone who kills me or my friends will answer to Saw Gerrera." Jyn shot back.

The one who accused Cassian tilted his head. "And why is that?"

"Because I am the daughter of Galen Erso." Jyn informed them with a strong voice.

"Take them!" The man then shouted.

Sacks were then placed on all our heads. I then heard Chirrut speak with an irritated tone. "Are you kidding me? I'm blind!"

And with that they carried us off to their base...or at least I hope.