Chapter 43: Loki's Alive

I looked around to find myself in the throne chambers on Asgard. The entire chambers was empty. However...I turned towards the throne to see Loki sitting on the throne with a distraught look on his face. "Oh Storm, where are you? Why won't you return."

I shook my head. No...this can't be. He's dead...my mind's playing tricks on me. Tears filled my eyes as a knot formed in my throat. I slowly made my way to the throne, wondering whether he was alive or not. Part of me wished he was still alive. Once I stepped into the light, slowly making my way towards him, he noticed me. Loki's eyes lit up as saw me. "Storm? Is that really you?"

He then extended a hand out, trying to place it over my cheek, which failed as it went through me. His face fell.

"I'm not entirely here. I'm here..." I replied, trailing off.

"Through the Force." Loki finished. "Yes...I remember very well."

"Are you really still alive? Or is this all an illusion? Are you a ghost?" I inquired as tears threatened to fall down my cheeks.

Loki shook his head. "No, I'm still alive."

"But how?" I croaked. "We saw you die!"

"I didn't truly die...Once you, Thor, and the others left, I returned to Asgard through one of my secret portals." Loki explained.

"Does Odin know?" I asked.

Loki hesitated. "Yes...Well...more or less."

"Explain. Now."

"I took over the throne, casted a spell on Odin to keep him on Earth." Loki explained as he noticed my face turn even more pissed off than before. "But don't worry, he's being taken care of at a Midgardian place called Shady Acres Care Home."

I raised an eyebrow, placing a hand on my hip. "And were you planning to tell me any of this?"

"Eventually...but I was afraid of your reaction." Loki confessed.

I then raised my hand, trying to slap him across the face but my hand went through. "You're lucky I'm not fully here right now."

"I take it you're angry." Loki commented. 

"Angry? Oh no, I'm furious!" I rebuked. "I can't believe this! I thought you changed, Loki...I know there's good in you. Why are you doing this? Did none of my words mean anything to you?"

"I'm doing this for us, Storm. So we could be together. You'll finally be my Queen." Loki explained. "And I'll finally rule Asgard."

I shook my head. "No, this isn't right. You're doing this for yourself, Loki. I never wanted to be a queen. All I want is you, Loki. You don't need to be a king. You're already amazing as it is...But I guess you'll never change."

I was about to leave, when he spoke up, causing me to freeze.

"Storm, please...give me an another chance. I don't want to lose you." Loki insisted. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

My heart fluttered at his words. However I remained silent, causing Loki to walk over towards me until he was standing face to face with me. When I saw his face, my heart was torn. He wore a look of pain as he fought back tears filling up his sad blue eyes.

"Storm, I don't want to lose you...Therefore you should know what truly happened to me before I arrived on Midgard." Loki confessed.

I knew that Midgard was what Asgardians called Earth since I spent some time with Thor and his friends while I visited Loki in his cell before the whole dark elf incident. I crossed my arms, intrigued yet terrified upon hearing Loki's words.

"What do you mean what truly happened, Loki?" I asked, softening my tone.

"When I fell from Asgard and met Thanos...not only did he torture me, but he also brainwashed me..." Loki revealed. "...I wasn't in control most of time while on Midgard because of that scepter Thanos gave me...it influenced me in the worst ways possible, however there were moments when I was able to break through for a few minutes...and those moments were mostly when I was around you."

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe what I was hearing...I was relieved that he had finally come to his senses, but devastated that he had to go through such a horrible experience. I know better than anyone how terrible it is...because it happened to me in the past before coming to Earth. I wanted to tell him that I understood completely what he had gone through...but I couldn't manage to say it.

"What finally made you break free of his control?" I questioned.

"Seeing you save my life when you didn't have to." Loki replied. "That's when I knew that you held and continue to hold a special place in my heart. It was then...when I knew I created a mess, which I couldn't fix...it was too late."

I knew he was genuinely a good person, I just didn't that think he was brainwashed.

I tried to refrain from smiling as I gave Loki a stern look. "Alright, I'll give you one more chance, because I know deep down you have a heart of gold. However you have to make things right."

Loki grinned. "You won't regret this, Storm I promise you! Does that mean you'll return to Asgard?" 

At that moment, my eyes opened and I fell down on my bed. I currently had only one goal right now, and that's to return to Asgard where Loki's at. I got up from my bed and made my way to the lockers where my belongings were. I opened up my locket around my neck, making sure the Heart of the Universe still remained in there. I was relieved to find it still there in one piece. As I grabbed my things, I felt a presence from behind me. I whipped around to see Skye, Maya, Kina, Hilna, and Gida were all standing around with bewildered looks.

"Are you leaving?" Skye inquired.

"I..." I trailed off. "Well...just for a little while."

I wasn't expecting on running into anyone. And believe me I was still contemplating whether I should tell the others I was leaving, just for a while.

Maya raised an eyebrow. "And were you going to tell us?"

I released a sigh. "I was contemplating...whether I should tell you guys...I'm finally going to Asgard to speak to the Allfather."

"I'll come with you, sis." Maya offered with a smile.

"And so will we." Kina chimed in.

"I'll call Phil and the others to let them know." Skye suggested before giving me a hug. "I'll miss you."

"I will be back before you know it." I assured her.

After saying goodbye to everyone, Gida, Hilna, Kina, Maya, Tarom, and I left the base. It wasn't until we reached a forest that I looked up into the sky, yelling out. "Heimdall, we're ready to return."

And with Heimdall transported us back onto Asgard, greeting us with a smile. "Welcome back, Storm, Hilna, and Maya. And it's a pleasure to finally meet you Kina, Gida, and Tarom."

Gida furrowed her brows. "You know us?"

"Storm has told me of you three." Heimdall informed them.

"Good things I hope." Kina replied with a smile.

"Only the best." Heimdall assured her.

Once we made our way into the palace, Kina and the others were escorted to their chambers while Sif escorted me to the throne chambers where the Allfather sat on his throne. Sif and I bowed before him. I knew it wasn't truly Odin, but I remained quiet.

"Storm is here just like you requested, your majesty." Sif said.

"Excellent work, Sif. Now leave us." Odin ordered.

Sif nodded before bowing again. She gave me one last smile, assuring me I was alright, before leaving the chambers along with the guards by the giant doors.