Chapter 13: The Battle's Begun

"Storm, help me! Please sister!" I heard Maya cry out.

I saw her strapped down on a table as she fought to get out but failed as she was outnumbered. I heard her scream out as they injected something into her. 

"No! Maya, I'll help you. Maya!" I shouted before sitting up on my bed.

Beads of sweat gathered at my forehead as I ran my hands through my hair, becoming frustrated. She's in trouble, I can feel it. If only I knew where she was. At that moment the door opened, revealing Loki. He wore a worried expression as he approached me. "Another nightmare?"

"How did you know?" I asked rather surprised.

"I heard you yelling in your sleep." He replied. "Is it Maya again?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she's in trouble. I just know it..."

Loki then placed his hands in mine. "Storm, look at me."

I reluctantly looked up at him to meet his glistening blue eyes. Surprisingly he looked genuinely concerned for me unlike the first time we met when he had a mischievous glint in his eyes, telling me he was up to no good. But now I wasn't so sure...He was different now that I got to know him. My heart fluttered as he brought a hand to my cheek.

"It is just a nightmare. There's no need to worry." He tried to assure me. "I'm sure she is fine."

I wanted to believe that, but something in my heart told me that was not the case. Deep down I knew it was a vision. I shook my head. "No, I know she isn't...I can feel it, Loki. I can't explain it, but I know she isn't fine."

Loki then squeezed my hand. "I can help you."

I raised an eyebrow. "How?"

"If I succeed then I can help you find your sister." Loki replied. "I have an army of Chitauri. Together we can find your sister."

He then withdrew the hand on my cheek and he extended that hand out to me. "All you have to do is join me, Storm. No one will ever call you a monster or a freak again, I'll make sure of it. You will become a Goddess by my side."

I was conflicted, I was the only one who understood him...and I don't know why I felt so drawn to him. It's as if the Force was pulling me towards him. I felt tempted to take his hand, however I stopped. I know there's good in him. I can sense it, deep down there's goodness in his heart. But, I can't encourage this...no matter how much it pains me

"I'm sorry Loki, but you're going down a path I can't follow." I informed him. "I do care about you, but I can't do this."

Loki then wore a dejected look as he let go of my hand. "Very well. If that is what you wish."

He began to walk towards the door until I blurted out. "Please Loki! Don't do this! There's good in you, I can see it."

Loki froze as he heard my words. I felt a bit of hope as he stopped at the door. However the small glimmer of hope quickly diminished as he spoke. "Then what you see is simply an illusion."

He then walked off, closing the door behind him, leaving me distraught. I can't just lie around and do nothing. I had to do something. As I mediated, I heard a voice I hadn't heard from in a long while. "Storm...Storm."