Chapter 18: Jedha

Once we arrived on Jedha, we landed outside of the Holy City of Jedha. Once we walked out of the U-Wing we saw a Star Destroyer hovering over the city. I looked at the city with a grim face. "That's Jedha."

"Or what's left of it." Cassian shot back before turning to Jinx and Jyn. "We find Saw, we find your father."

"What's with the Destroyer?" Jyn asked.

"It's because of your old friend, Saw Gerrera. He's been attacking the cargo shipments." Cassian explained as he looked through his macrobinoculars.

"What are they bringing in?" Jinx questioned.

"It's what are they taking out.'" Cassian corrected as he handed her his macrobinoculars. "Kyber crystal. All they can get."

"We wondered why they were stripping the temple, now we know. It's the fuel for the weapon." I added.

"The weapon your father's building." K-2SO reminded her as he joined us.

"Maybe we should leave target practice behind." Jyn commented.

"Are you talking about me?" K-2SO asked.

"No, we're talking about your friend." Jinx said with a sarcastic tone. "Of course she's talking about you."

"Jyn's right. We need to blend in." Cassian pointed out. "Stay with the ship."

"I can blend in. I'm an Imperial droid. This city is under Imperial occupation." K-2SO protested.

"Half the people here want to reprogram you." Jyn began.

"While the other half want to put a hole in your head." Jinx finished, giving him a glare.

"I'm surprised you're both so concerned with my safety." K-2SO commented.

"We aren't not." Jinx scoffed.

"We're just worried they might miss you and hit one of us." Jyn added as she handed him a bag.

As soon as we made our way into the city, we disguised ourselves with hoods. It wasn't long until Jinx bumped into one of the locals.

"Hey, you just watch yourself." One of the men warned.

"Or what?" Jinx challenged. "You aren't so tough, big guy!"

"Why you puny-"

Cassian immediately grabbed her arm. "No, no. Tourist, we don't want any trouble, sorry. Come on. Come on."

"Nice going, Jinx. You could've gotten us in trouble." I scolded.

Jinx scoffed. "I could've easily taken him down."

"That's not the point. We want to blend in." Cassian reminded her. "And you starting a fight will ruin that. So can you please try to contain yourself?"

"Fine." Jinx grumbled.

Cassian let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

We then saw a hologram of a man followed by a voice of what seemed to be a stormtrooper. "Citizens of Jedha, you must come forward with information of the location of this missing cargo pilot. A reward of 600 credits for the information shall be awarded."

As we moved deeper into the crowded city, Cassian spoke. "I had a contact, one of Saw's rebels, but he's just gone missing. His sister will be looking for him. The temple's been destroyed but she'll be there waiting. We'll give her your name and hope that gets us a meeting with Saw."

"Hope?" Jyn repeated.

"Yeah. Rebellions are built on hope." Cassian replied.

At that moment we heard a stormtrooper not too far from us. We turned to see a couple of them checking the locals. "Hands where I can see them."