Chapter 31: A New Life

~5 ABY~
Five years went by and the Empire had finally fallen. Luke had joined us after all to rescue Leia along with a smuggler named Han Solo and his friend, Chewbacca. Unfortunately Obi-Wan had been killed by Anakin to buy us some time. I met several friends in the Rebellion both old and new friends such as Numa, Gida's younger sister. Around 2 ABY, I went undercover pretending to be on the side of the Empire, becoming the Diktat of Corellia, and still managing to help Luke and the others. However when I first went back to Corellia after so many years, I was mixed with so many emotions; distraught, furious, and devastated to see the beauty of Coronet City had vanished with the presence of the Empire. The city use to be beautiful, filled with life...not bleak, dull, and gray.

Then in 4 ABY when the Empire fell after the battle of Endor, I became the Senator and Governor-General of Corellia, while Senator Mothma became the first chancellor of the New Republic. Jinx, Maya, and I also helped Luke to rebuild the Jedi Temple as well as rebuild the Jedi. The four of us became Jedi Masters. Mom then becamea member of the ruling council of the Echani Command on her home planet, Eshan, while dad became the Supreme Commander of the New Republic Defense Force. Alotren had became a Minister of State while his beloved, Dianya became a New Republic Honor Guard. Speaking of them...Alotren had gotten married to Dianya and they had a boy named Zectre and a girl named Veda. They lived in Hanna City, Chandrila. Jinx also got married to a Chiss man named Harc'merr'ruanes but we call him Harc Ranos. And they had two boys named Tâtsâ and Jorran, and a girl named Marima. Meanwhile Han and Leia got married, having a son named Ben Solo.

I was able to reunite with some friends before Kina, Gida, Tarom, and I left our galaxy through the orb, such as Riyo Chuchi, Surkea Thovum, Rex, Vinor Papanoida, and a couple others. Riyo had gotten married to Vinor Papanoida, a fellow Jedi and close friend, while Surkea married a Selonian. I then tried to create a new life here, but no matter what it still felt empty. I missed Loki very much. I still couldn't get over him. My family worried about me as I had not moved on, but I assured them I'd be fine as I didn't want them to be worried about me. I had just returned from a mission with my Padawan Hilna Unduli, who was fourteen. She was a Mirialan with yellow skin, facial tattoos on her face, black hair, and violet eyes. I had trained her older sister, Zira years ago in secrecy. We found them homeless on the planet Mirial, and I decided to take them both in. Zira was now a Jedi Knight, and she was only seventeen. Once we were at the temple, Maya rushed over to us with a smile on her face. "Storm!"

"Was is it? Did something happened?" I asked rather hastily.

Maya immediately shook her head. "Oh no, everything's fine. You might want to check your room out though."

I raised an eyebrow. "Alright...Hilna go to Council room and inform Master Skywalker that we have returned."

Hilna nodded. "Right away Master Ca'ana."

With that Maya and I went to my room, which was rather simple, containing a bed, a closet, a small desk, a chair, and a window. There on my bed lied a beautiful jewel with different colors. I stared at it in awe. "It's beautiful..."

"It's the Heart of the Universe." Maya informed me.

My eyes widened. "The Heart of the Universe. The Force-imbued gem which was created by Jedi Master Jaled Dur! I thought it was in the hands of the Dark Jedi Croym..."

"We managed to retrieve it, but it wasn't easy." She informed me.

"But I don't understand...why is it on my bed? Shouldn't it be with the New Republic stored away?" I questioned.

"Because the entire New Republic agreed that it was best if you kept it." Maya revealed. "And mom, dad, Alotren, Jinx, and I just want you to be happy."

"And I am." I lied. "I'm fine."

Maya shook her head. "No you're not. Stop lying to me, stop lying to our family, but most importantly stop lying to yourself."

"Storm, you're my twin sister. I know you better than anyone else, and I know when you're feeling down." Maya reminded me. "Ever since that orb was destroyed, you became miserable. However despite that misery you still helped the Rebellion, which is incredible."

I waved it off. "Oh it's nothing."

"No it is something. You're always helping and thinking of others before yourself, and for that the entire New Republic would like to thank you." Maya explained. "We couldn't have won without you, sister. And I wouldn't be here had you not returned."

My smile widened as I gave her a hug. "Thank you."

"You deserve it."

With that I made my way towards the bed where the Heart of the Universe lied. I slowly reached forth and picked it up. "Could this take me back to Earth?"

Maya nodded. "It's quite powerful so I believe it can."

"Very well...I know where I'm going next." I replied with a wide smile as I held the gem to my chest. 

Don't worry Loki. I'm coming.