Chapter 17: The Promise

Once the meeting ended, mom and Alotren approached Jinx and me. To my surprise, they both gave her hugs. Alotren then turned to me with a smile. "Had it not been for her, the Rebellion would've never rescued me."

My jaw dropped as I violently shook my head. "Wait, wait, wait, so you're telling me that she's right? She helped save you, Alotren?"

Alotren nodded. "Yeah, that's right. After Jinx left the Empire, she became part of the Cloud-Riders, who have helped the Rebellion."

I groaned. "Please do not tell me we have a cousin named Hatro Ventress."

Mom glared at Jinx. "Jinx Ca'ana! Stop telling your sister all our family secrets. If anything I should've been the one to tell her this."

So Asajj was right...about my origins...She mentioned it to me many times, but I thought they were lies. I thought she was taunting me...mocking me. Never in a million years would I believe this was true. And I had no idea she had a son.

"Great...another secret. Is there anymore secrets I should know about?" I rebuked.

"No more, I promise." Mom assured me.

"There better not be. Because it seems like that's all this family ever has!" I shot back. "I don't know what to believe anymore." 

With that I returned to my room to get some sleep. It wasn't long until I fell asleep.

•••
It was completely dark, but all of the sudden it changed. I was in a beautiful golden palace with exotic animals and plants in the most exquisite gardens. I looked around in awe until I heard my name being called. "Storm...Storm..."

I followed the voice into what appeared to be prison cells. I glanced around until I saw him...Loki in one of the cells. As I got closer, I saw how numb he looked. There was no mischievous glint in his eyes nor a smile on his face.

"Loki." I called out as I reached the wall.

Loki's head snapped up and he glanced over towards me. His eyes lit up. "Storm? Is that really you?"

I nodded. "The one and only. What happened to you?"

"I failed...and Thor brought me back to Asgard along with the Tesseract." Loki explained as he slowly walked over towards me until he reached the wall.

This whole thing felt rather nostalgic...it was just like the times back at the helicarrier. Loki's words brought me back to the present. "All of them are worried for you, Storm. Everyone...including me."

My heart fluttered at his words. "I'm fine, Loki. However I appreciate that you're worried...I mean that you're all worried for me."

"Where are you, Storm? Are you really here?"

"No, I am reaching out to you through the force." I informed him.

Loki wore a look of awe. "You can do that? That's amazing."

I felt my face heat up at his words. "T-thank you, Loki."

I mentally cursed at myself. Smooth, Storm, real smooth. I then hastily rambled on to explain where I truly was, hoping that Loki didn't notice my stammering. "Currently on a rebel base. My family has helped built up a rebellion to take down Palpatine and his Empire. And as much as I wish to return I can't. The Rebellion needs me and so does my sister, Maya."

"I understand, but please promise me you'll return in one piece." Loki urged.

I was taken back by his sudden plea, but nevertheless I agreed. "Of course, Loki. I will return."

At that moment the room vanished and my eyes fluttered open. I glanced around to find myself back in my room at the rebel base. I glanced up at the ceiling as I let out a sigh. I'm going to set things right...but I also have a promise to keep, and I intend to see it through. Don't worry Loki, I'll come back.

The next morning after breakfast, the Alliance Council had another meeting to discuss how Jinx and Jyn will be coming along with Cassian, K-2SO, and me. Cassian talked to General Draven while the rest of us entered one of the U-Wings. K-2SO then formerly introduced himself to Jinx and Jyn, "I'm K-2SO. I'm a reprogrammed Imperial droid."

"I remember you." Jyn replied.

"I see the Council is sending you with us to Jedha." K-2SO commented.

Jyn shrugged. "Apparently so."

"They think we'll be of great help." Jinx added.

"That is a bad idea. I think so, and so does Cassian." K-2SO blurted, causing Jinx to glare at him. He then shrugged. "What do I know? My specialty is just strategic analysis."

I made my way towards the pilot's seat, making sure we were ready to go. It wasn't long until Cassian climbed aboard. "You met K2?"

"Charming." Jyn replied.

"Oh yeah. He's just wonderful." Jinx rebuked with a sarcastic tone.

"He tends to say whatever comes into his circuits. It's a by-product of the reprogram." Cassian explained as he walked past them.

However he stopped upon hearing K2-SO. "Why does she get a blaster, and I don't?" 

Cassian immediately whipped around. "What?"

"I know how to use it." Jyn assured him.

"That's what I'm afraid of. Give it to me." Cassian ordered.

"We're going to Jedha. That's a war zone. Besides Jinx has her lightsaber." Jyn argued.

"Wait, what? How? I confiscated it." I said, giving Jinx a baffled look.

"Yeah, but Alotren and mom gave it back to me." Jinx informed me with a grin.

"Damn ranks." I muttered.

"That's not the point." Cassian intervened. "Where did you get it?"

"I found it." Jyn merely said.

"I find that answer vague and unconvincing." K2-SO commented.

"Trust goes both ways." Jyn pointed out.

Cassian then turned around and glanced over at me. "What are you doing in the pilot's seat?"

"I'm going to fly the ship." I replied as though it was obvious.

Cassian immediately shook his head. "Oh no. I'm captain."

"Well you may be captain, but I'm a general." I shot back with a smug look. "And besides I was a pilot from Corellia back when I was eight. I think I know what I'm doing."

"You were a pilot as well?" Jyn asked me with a look of awe.

"Oh yes. She was many things...and she excelled in everything." Jinx commented with a very sassy tone.

I chose to ignore her comment for the time being as we were getting ready to go on a mission. Cassian grumbled as he sat down in the passenger's seat.

"You're letting her keep it?" K2-SO protested. "Would you like to know the probability of her using it against you? It's high."

Cassian ignored him as he turned to me. "Let's get going."

As I began to take off, K2-SO made his way right behind Cassian. "It's very high."

"I swear all of you guys will be the death of me." Cassian muttered.

And with that we took off, making our way to Jedha. Something tells me this is going to be a very long journey.