Chapter 40: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Once Darcy and Jane tried to explain the whole Star Wars franchise to Hilna, Maya, and me, we left to return to Asgard with Thor. After several days of being on Asgard, Thor and I met with Odin while Hilna and Maya were with Fandral, Sif, Volstagg, and Hogun.

"You once said there would never be a wiser king than me. You were wrong. The alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new king in return?" Odin questioned.

"My life. Father, I cannot be King of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will." Thor explained. "The brutality, the sacrifice, it changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great king."

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" Odin inquired.

"When you speak, do I never hear mother's voice?" Thor asked, causing Odin to sigh. "This is not for Jane, father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her or say she can rule at my side, it changes nothing."

"One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it." Odin commented with an agitated look. "Is this my legacy?"

"Loki died with honor." I intervened, defending Loki.

"And I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" Thor questioned.

Odin nodded. Thor then held up the hammer to offer it back to Odin. "It belongs to you, if you are worthy of it."

"I shall try to be." Thor replied.

"I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune." Odin said.

"I know." Thor said before he turned to leave.

"If I were proud of the man my son had become, even that I could not say. It would speak only from my heart. Go, my son." Odin commented, causing Thor to smile.

"Thank you, father." Thor said before turning to me. "Farewell, Lady Storm. I hope to see you one day."

"Goodbye Thor. May the Force be with you." I replied.

Thor nodded before turning around and walking out of the throne room. Odin then turned to me. "You also fought valiantly Lady Storm. Loki would be proud."

Tears pricked at my eyes at the mention of Loki. "I hope he is..."

"What will you do now?" Odin asked me.

"I shall return to Earth to find my friends that I left behind." I informed him.

"...You could stay." Odin said, catching me off guard.

I shook my head. "No, I'm sorry. I wish to return to Earth. Loki's...gone. So there is nothing to keep me here."

Odin then stood up from the throne. "You may think Loki-"

I cut him off not wanting to hear anything else concerning Loki. "I don't want to hear anything about Loki anymore! I can't take it!"

With that I stormed out. As I walked off, I thought I heard Loki's voice, calling out my name. I shook my head, continuing to walk through the palace. I must be going crazy. Once I found Hilna and Maya in the training room, I informed them we were leaving.

"Where to Master?" Hilna inquired.

"To Earth, where Kina and the others are." I explained.

After saying goodbye to Sif and the others, we made our way to Heimdall to transport us to Earth where Kina and the others were. Heimdall nodded, giving me a smile. "Goodbye Storm, Hilna, and Maya, I hope to see you again."