01. unexpected calls

Cover made by yasavinggrace

I quickly ran down the stairs almost completely dropping everything I had in my hands

I quickly ran down the stairs almost completely dropping everything I had in my hands. "Jace and JJ, I trust that you guys haven't eaten my breakfast!" I yelled.

Don't get me wrong I love my brother, but when we were younger he had a really bad habit of eating other people's food. Which you just don't do, and I know things have not changed.

I finally make it down the stairs without dropping any of my books. Jace and JJ were laughing and talking. I smiled at the scene. It's actually really nice to see your brother, especially your older brother and your boyfriend getting along. JJ is very overprotective of me after what happened with Adam, and I completely understood.

Jace slowly turned his head when he heard me come downstairs and a small smile formed gracefully onto his lips. "Now Scarlett, you know I would never," He looked at JJ and laughed. "let JJ eat your food."

JJ quickly nodded his head and I squinted my eyes. "Oh is that so?" I walked closer towards the kitchen table. "Then why is there no food on my plate?" I almost screamed, and walked over to the fruit bowl and grabbed a banana. I hated bananas, and they damn well knew that.

But I calmed myself down. It's not the time and the place for all this. Jace and I are going to be late for school, and it's the first day back might I add. Spring break was awesome but. . . I have been dreading this day. "You guys suck. I'm just going to eat this!" I held up the banana so they could see. "After this I'm never letting you two be alone together." I let out a light laugh.

JJ let out a quite laugh and then all of the sudden his face got serious. "Scar, did you get enough sleep?"

I shook my head. "What- no. JJ I'm fine. I really did, but if you don't stop questioning me I'll be late for the first day back-"

JJ cut me off mid sentence, "Did you take your meditation? You know if you didn't mom will be mad-"

Now it was my turn to cut him off. "JJ come on. Quit treating me like I'm five years old! Now can I please go to school?" I let out a long sigh and looked over at Jace. He should be helping me out here but instead he was falling over while laughing. Was it really that funny? "Jace. . ." I warned and he immediately stopped laughing and I smiled satisfied with myself.

Jace awkwardly coughed and JJ gave him a questioning look. "Yeah dude, Scar's fine." He got up and walked over to me planting a kiss on my cheek. "Let's go babe, we're going to be late." Jace looked back at JJ and shrugged. "See you later dude." He waved and walked outside toward his car.

I looked at JJ for second and laughed, he knew that I had won."I'll see you after school baby brother." I flipped my hair and walked out the door locking it behind me. I called JJ my baby brother, to piss him off and of course he truly did act like it. I put my key back in my bag, and jumped into Jace's car. Everyday Jace would come to my house and he would drive me to school.