02. dangerous games

Cover made by cityheist

I could hear their voices, but the words they were saying weren't adding up in my head

I could hear their voices, but the words they were saying weren't adding up in my head. That didn't matter right now anyways. All that was on my mind was Mia and only Mia. I had practically begged her over the phone to tell me what JJ had done to her, but she said she just couldn't. The only way I was ever going to know was if I actually met her in person.

"What do you think Scar?"

But when would I even find time to meet her, without someone finding out?

"Scarlett! Hey, are you okay. . . "

I snapped my head in the direction of the voice. "Yeah Zoey, I'm fine why?" I tiled my head.

Leo let out a chuckle and turned to look at me. "This whole time you've been quite. What are you thinking about?" Ava, Blake, Megan, Bella, Zoey, Cassie and Jace all looked up at me waiting for a answer that I couldn't give them.

I shrugged my shoulders trying to play it off. "Sorry I didn't really realize." I felt Jace's hand touch my arm softly.

"If you're this stressed out about seeing Maddie then I don't want you to go." Jace said and he looked very serious about his words.

"Jace that's not why-"

Ava gasped, "So that's why you've been acting weird all morning?"

I laughed, "Like I was trying to say, no that's not why. I'm perfectly fine, I'm just tired I woke up late."

"Why was Jace over last night?" Leo laughed and playfully hit Jace on his arm.

My face almost dropped. "Leo you're disgusting that's even funny." I looked over at Jace and he was laughing too! He was always suppose to be on my side. While the whole table was laughing I continued to sit there until I let out a sigh and stood up. "I have to go. . . meet someone. I'll see you guys later." I walked away before anyone could say anything.

Suddenly I bumped into someone and immediately I apologized. "I"m so sorry-" I looked up nervously and was surprised at who saw. I stop talking just for a moment. "Sofia hey! How was your spring break?"

"Scarlett?" She smiled pushing back her hair over her shoulders. "It was awesome." Then something flashed over her eyes, "So. . . looks like you and Jace are officially a thing."

I tilted my head at her. Why is it the only time I talk to her she has to bring up Jace? How did we get from spring break to Jace and I.

"Oh yeah," I laughed, "he's great, everything I could ask for." I was testing her. I wanted to see how she would react. I had a feeling she had a little crush.

Her face instantly dropped for about a second before another big smile spread across her face once again. "That's awesome Scar!" She sighed, "I'm still waiting for the right guy."