27. unknown letters

"Oh my gosh," I sighed looking over at JJ

"Oh my gosh," I sighed looking over at JJ. "Today at school, it felt like the day would never end." I laughed, "How was your day, what did you do?"

JJ shrugged his shoulders. "Today was good, same old same old." He mumbled and I nodded my head looking down at my phone. "I have some exciting news to share with you Scarlett."

My eyes immediately left my phone and I looked up at JJ. "What?"

JJ threw a lazy smile my way. "I'm moving out." He announced and I gasped. "I got my own apartment this time, I'm also going back to college in the next week or so, it's a completely new one than the last."

"Wait, really?" I gushed. "I'm really happy for you JJ." I smiled wrapping my arms around him. "I love you!"

JJ chuckled at how excited I was for him. He was finally moving on from everything that had happened. I can really see that he's become a new and better person. "I love you too Scarlett." He gently pulled my arms off of his body, so that he could face me. "I'm taking a summer program, so that I can catch up on everything I've missed."

I nodded my head. "That's awesome."

"I saved up enough money to buy a small apartment and I'll get a part time job to pay the bills."

"I'm happy things are finally working out for you JJ." I really was proud of JJ. I was beyond proud actually.

"Scar!" I heard Mom call my name and I turned away from JJ to look at her. "This came in the mail for you." She smiled pushing a letter my way.

I didn't even think people still mailed letters these days. Who could it possibly be? "Does it say who it's from?" I asked.

Mom shook her head quickly. "No sweetie, just open it and see." She said giving me a kiss on my cheek before walking away. I looked over at JJ as if he would know the answers but as expected he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, I'm going to go read this letter in my room." I mumbled to JJ as I walked towards the stairs. Once I was in my room I threw my school bag on the floor and sat in my favourite pink chair I had in my room.

I opened the letter slowly and a gasp left my lips as I saw the first few words. . . Dear Blair. I immediately grabbed my phone to call Jesse. "Jesse," I uttered. "Adam mailed me a letter from jail."

"I know Scarlett." He said quietly, "When my mother went to go visit him he said he would."

"What?"

"I'm sorry if this upsets you." He said quickly. "You don't have to read it."

"Do you think I should?" I asked Jesse nervously.

I heard him sigh over the phone. "Ever since I moved here you've been so kind to me. You're one of my best friends, but I can't tell you what to do now."