26. don't forget

"Scarlett?" Blake questioned and then he suddenly smiled

"Scarlett?" Blake questioned and then he suddenly smiled. "Do you want to talk to Jace?"

I nodded my head eagerly at him. "Yeah, can I come in?" I asked and Blake nodded his head before opening the door wider so that I could come in. "I'll be in his room." I said running up the stairs before he could say anything. Yes, I did feel bad for barging into yet another person's house without calling but I couldn't help it. I needed to talk to Jace immediately either he was ready for it or not. He had so much to explaining to do, so much more than I ever let him.

I opened Jace's room door quickly and there he was sitting on his bed like he was already waiting for me. He didn't look fazed by the least that I was barging into his room like a crazy person. His head slowly turned up to look at me. "Hello Scarlett." He said quietly.

I shook my head in confusion. "Jace what are you doing? Did you know I was coming?" I shot questions at him.

Jace shrugged his shoulders getting off his bed and walking closer towards me. "No but I had a feeling." He smiled and I wrapped my arms around his body.

"I am so sorry." I cried, "I should have let you explain to me. I was so quick to cut things off before you even got a change to explain the rest of your story-" Jace cut me off by pressing his lips against my own. That obviously made me forget whatever I was saying and in the moment I felt no anger or confusion. . . just love.

"It's okay." Jace mumbled pulling away from my body so we would be face to face. "I would like to explain now." Jace pointed out and I hummed in agreement. He gently grabbed my hand, pulling me to sit beside him on his bed. "A few weeks after you left Maddie and moved here, I had an accident." Jace explained and I gave him a knowing look. That's exactly what he said in the diary. "When I woke up in the hospital the doctors asked me a few questions and I couldn't even remember how I hit my head or how I even got there. But they basically said that I was fine and that my memory would eventually come back. To be honest I didn't want it to so I continued to pushed out painful memories, including you. . . Blair Edwards." He shrugged his shoulders. "On the first day of school I felt anger towards you and I didn't even know why. Deep down I knew you looked familiar but I just pushed it away." He sighed, "I knew the name Blair, I just didn't know what it meant to me."

I couldn't believe that I was the mystery girl. All this time, the girl Jace was talking about was me. I really did understand what exactly happened now. Jace knew me as Blair Edwards through Maddie. Apparently, we were broth at her party together before I moved away and changed my name to Scarlett. Jace saw me and he would write about me in his diary. He knew that I had a boyfriend so he never came up to me. Then, I ran away and never looked back. In a sense I broke Jace's heart because, I was just gone and no one knew where. Then, Jace got into an accident, hit is head, and he forgot all about me. He didn't want to remember Blair Edwards, the girl who disappeared.

I looked over at Jace and I saw the sadness in his eyes and I felt terrible. "When did you start to remember everything?" I questioned him.

Jace tilted his head at me. "Uh, I don't know exactly, but I know it was after Maddie came looking for you- I don't know it was something in her eyes. I knew for sure when Maddie asked me if I knew who you really were. At first I was confused but all the memories started to flow back. That's why that day I came to your house and asked you to explain, I didn't know anything about Adam at all."