24. hold on tight

"So

"So. . ." JJ said walking up towards me. "Tell me exactly when you and Mia got so close."

I sighed shaking my head at him. "Please JJ, it's still monday stop interrogating me." I took out my phone and looked at the time. It was now 4:30pm. Jesse would be coming in less than an hour. "I think I should tell you something." I whispered.

JJ laughed taking a long gulp from his water bottle. "You better answer my questions right now Scar." He said eyeing me. "You can tell me whatever you later."

I huffed out air through my mouth. "Fine." I shook my head. "It started a little over a month ago." I stated. "She called me first just so you know. Mia said she had to tell me something about you. She sounded scared so I agreed to met with her." I caught my breath. "She didn't know the full story and when I told her. . . I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. "I realized that she is actually really sweet. It just happened. At least she knows that just because my brother is a complete ass that doesn't mean I am too."

JJ gave me the death glare. "That's all I need to know. Thanks." He mumbled before turning away to leave.

"Wait!" I pulled his arm. "I need to tell you something remember?" JJ sighed looking over at me. "I invented Jesse Robertson over." The words flew out of my mouth quickly. "Please don't be mad." I explained. "I think if you would actually talk to him, you would see how much of a good person he is."

JJ stood there silent before laughing. I looked up at him confused. "Look how scared you look." He laughed even harder. A small smile broke onto my lips. "I'll talk to him if that's what you want." He smiled at me gently.

"Really?" I squealed, "I honestly thought I would have to beg you." JJ shrugged his shoulders. "Okay he'll be here in less than an hour. I'll be in my room." I explained turning around walking up the stairs into my room closing the door behind me.

I let out a heavily sigh falling back onto my bed. I so desperately wanted my mind to think about anything else but Jace but it wouldn't. I wondered about how Maddie was going. She must have known that Jace knew who I was back when I was Blair Edwards. I do remember telling Maddie that if I were to run away I would come to Redwood High and I really did. She had to have known that Jace always went to that school so why did she never bring him up? Did she know that Jace had feeling for me? There was so many questions running through my head, it gave me a headache.

Before I even knew what I was doing I picked up my phone and Jace's number was dialling.

"Hello?" Jace answered the phone quietly.

"Hi." I quickly said looking over at his diary lying on my bed. "I know you said you don't care about having it back but. . . I think it's best if you just take it back. Your diary I mean."

"I think you should just read the rest of it." He implied.

I gasped, "Are you joking? Because I don't think this is funny-"