08. blair edwards

"Alex?"

"Alex?"

"Yeah," He smiled walking closer toward me and I took a big step back. "I don't know what they told you, but I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

I looked at him carefully. His usual brown eyes were puffy and his brown hair was messy to go along with it. "Are you okay Alex?" He just shrugged his shoulders and I let out a sigh. "Look can we talk about this later?" I really didn't want to talk about this later but I just wanted him to leave me alone. "The bell is going to ring any second now. I just came out here to get my books and go back to class." I nervously tugged at my blonde hair.

He wasn't saying anything at the moment, he was just looking everywhere but my face. "You look so different." He mumbled.

"Can you leave me alone?" My voice got higher. By now all the students had gone to their class. "I need to get to class." I started to walk away from him when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "What are you doing? We're in school anyone can see you!"

"Hey man! That's not cool, let her go."

I pulled out of Alex's grip and spun around to see Jesse. I let out a small sigh of relief. "Alex don't come near me again, or I'll have to tell Jace. . ."

Alex looked at Jesse and walked away. Just like that. I looked back at him shocked, there was something seriously wrong with him. I was worried about him. "Thanks Jesse. Don't worry about him, it was nothing."

Jesse shook his head and sighed, "Didn't seem like nothing to me." He laughed. "I mean what was the guy doing, he looked-"

I stopped Jesse in the middle of his sentence. "Thank you again Jesse, but I got to go. The bell rang minutes ago. . . what are doing out of class?" I hissed at myself and quietly mumbled, "Nevermind." I then sighed, "See you around." Was all I said before I turned around and walked away from him.

---

"Mia please I know you're scared but there's so much I don't know." I sighed heavily over the phone, "Don't worry JJ doesn't know anything about you. He doesn't know that you told me anything."

I ended the voice message and let out a scream. This was useless Mia didn't want to talk to me. She was already scared that JJ some how would figure out that she had told me something, and so when Cassie showed up she probably decided it was best not to tell me anything more. Which was painful to say the least. I needed to know exactly who Jesse Robertson was. I knew he was linked to Adam. He had to be.

Some of the the things Jesse said matched up with what Adam had told me about his family. Did Jesse know who I was? Was he trying to play some sick game with me? Is he just like Adam?"

"Scarlett? Honey are you listening? I can't seem to reach JJ."

I snapped my head toward my mom and she had a worried look on her face. I realized she had come into my room. "I don't know mom. JJ always disappears, don't you remember the last time? You weren't worried then, I was the only one who was worried." I hissed. Who knows what's going on inside his mind. He's been acting strange for as long as I can remember. He disappears and then comes back like nothing happened. But this time is different because I told JJ to leave. I feel like I don't even know anything about my brother anymore.