13. here with you

I quickly shook my head at Jace

I quickly shook my head at Jace. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong, but I'm not sure he knew that. I let out a huff of air and grabbed my phone away from him. "So what?" I asked, "He's just my friend." I could feel the tenison at the table. I didn't know what else to do, so I let out a nervous laugh and looked down, "I can't have friends another then you guys?"

Ava sighed, "I know this might be hard to hear Scar but-"

My heart began to race. Did they know that Jesse was Adam's brother? "Wait. . . you guys know about Jesse? How?" I quickly cut Ava off.

Cassie shrugged her shoulders and Zoey did the same. "It's pretty obvious Scar. We're just looking out for you." Cassie said with a smile.

I let a long breath and looked up, "I know and I'm sorry. I was going to tell you guys that Jesse is Adam's brother-" My words came to a end when I saw Leo spit out his water.

I looked around at everyone as they all suddenly froze. I sat there for a second until the horrible reality sunk in. "You guys didn't know that? I-I thought that's what you were all talking about?"

Jace's face was red with anger. "That's not what we were trying to tell you Scarlett." Jace shook his head.

Ava quickly held her hand up to Jace trying to calm him down. "We thought Jesse was creepy that's all." She swallowed harshly, "We never knew. . . Jesse was Adam's brother."

Zoey quickly rushed toward me and gave me a light hug. "Gosh guys," She breathed out. "will you let her explain?"

Jace looked at Blake and Blake shook his head at his brother. "Let her explain Jace."

I held my hands up defensively, "I know what you all are thinking, and I don't blame you because I thought the same thing." I sighed heavily trying to hold back from basically throwing up my words. "I would never do that to myself again. You can't blame someone because of who their brother is. If you actually heard Jesse's story then you would know he was just like me. Adam did the same thing to his own brother."

Jace quickly pulled me into a hug, "I'm so sorry Scarlett, we never meant to judge you." I laughed and looked over at Jace with a smile. We were in the cafeteria after all, I'm pretty sure people thought there was something seriously wrong with us, since we were all hugging each other.

"We should all meet him." Blake suggested.

Leo nodded and he stuffed more food into his mouth. I'm shocked that with all the food he eats, he's still in perfect shape. "Blake stealing my ideas." He rolled his eyes with a pout. "Anyways yes, Scar we should meet him for sure."

Zoey looked at them out of the corner of her eye. "He goes to this school, and you've never seen him?" They both shrugged at her and continued to eat. She let out a sigh as she rolled her eyes.

Ava grabbed my hand again, "Well! I've met him before and he seems nice." I laughed because I knew she lying.

"Then how did you guys all come up with the idea that he's creepy but half of you haven't even meet him?" I asked because I was skeptical of this whole thing.